My Coke Rewards

[quote name='mjldvlks']To my knowledge, each was offered only once -- the cokes card was offered in 2008 and the wine package in 2009. On both of those occasions I wasn't planning a cruise in the right time parameters and probably didn't have enough points anyway. In general, the "rewards" in this program are unadulterated crap. It is really only because of OCD that I continue to save points. I imagine I will donate the points to a local school or some charity eventually.[/quote]

Thanks for the info... I will keep looking and watching for a reward. There are a few TV series that I could get on DVD with my points, and the rest I will probably do the charity donations.

• 4 months later...
I have faithfully kept entering in my codes week after week hoping that RCCL will add something so that I can cash my rewards in. I am losing hope at this point, the rewards are getting more lame as the days go by. I'm not ready to give up, but I am losing hope. I have about 12,000 points now, and there is nothing good to spend them on. :(

[quote name='jmom5']I have faithfully kept entering in my codes week after week hoping that RCCL will add something so that I can cash my rewards in. I am losing hope at this point, the rewards are getting more lame as the days go by. I'm not ready to give up, but I am losing hope. I have about 12,000 points now, and there is nothing good to spend them on. :([/QUOTE]
Boy, you ain't just whistlin Dixie on this! Do they even have a place anymore (like it made a difference before) where we can 'request' something we want?
So far the only thing I can use them on are movie passes, but we don't go often enough. I'm still curious who calculates the points per prize. One silver ticket and a large coke 485 points. 2 tickets and 2 cokes 1025????

Erika

[quote name='jmom5']I have faithfully kept entering in my codes week after week hoping that RCCL will add something so that I can cash my rewards in. I am losing hope at this point, the rewards are getting more lame as the days go by. I'm not ready to give up, but I am losing hope. I have about 12,000 points now, and there is nothing good to spend them on. :([/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]On Oct 1 Coke rewards is having a special catalogue for people with high accounts. TV's, bikes etc. I don't know if they will have any Royal caribbean stuff..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='scotandtamcruzn4fun'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]On Oct 1 Coke rewards is having a special catalogue for people with high accounts. TV's, bikes etc. I don't know if they will have any Royal caribbean stuff..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Well, that gives me some glimmer of hope. I will keep entering them in, and hopefully there will be something worthwhile to spend them on. It would be awesome if RC had something on there, but I'm not holding my breath. I got a coupon once for a free coke card on a 7 day cruise, which was really nice, and then I started saving up for the romance package they were offering, but by the time I had enough points, it was long gone.

I keep checking as weel. I am getting close to 4000 points and am hoping they'll have the wine & dine packages avaiable again. I got one last August for our October cruise on Grandeur and RCCL upgraded it from GOld to Diamond! I am too late for our SEptember ALaska cruise, but 2 of the packages would be great for our Adventure cruise in January. They will be 4 of us wine drinkers at our table and the packages would be nice to use my points on.

I too would love to get my coke card thru MCR! I was introduced to the program last year while shopping I was in line behind a lady that bought a pair of Nike tennis shoes ($80) and she paid $2 and change...I was like WOW how did you do that...she told me about the program...said she has really gotten some good deals with it....I know she did that day:)
I put in points each week and have quite a few to date....I do not answer any of their surveys...should I do this to get info on their offers?

[quote name='MAHA']I keep checking as weel. I am getting close to 4000 points and am hoping they'll have the wine & dine packages avaiable again. I got one last August for our October cruise on Grandeur and RCCL upgraded it from GOld to Diamond! I am too late for our SEptember ALaska cruise, but 2 of the packages would be great for our Adventure cruise in January. They will be 4 of us wine drinkers at our table and the packages would be nice to use my points on.[/quote]

I keep checking every day too but I am not sure if I am searching for it correctly. When you are in MCR do you just search using the phrase "royal caribbean" or another phrase?

[quote name='Ruby71']I type in Royal Caribbean in the search catalog area. I hope that any new soda cards or wine and dine rewards with RC will come up there.[/quote]

Thanks that is what I've been doing too. So I'm doing it correctly. If we can all do an "instant E-Mail notification" we can get an instant message here when the RCL rewards come up on MCR.

The last time they did the RCI Coke program there was an RCI logo on the bottom stripe of the screen. I noticed RCI has been advertising lately on MCR but have not seen any RCI offers.............Pls post if someone sees an offer. The Coke customer service people do not seem to know when an offer will be made.

[quote name='scotandtamcruzn4fun'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]On Oct 1 Coke rewards is having a special catalogue for people with high accounts. TV's, bikes etc. I don't know if they will have any Royal caribbean stuff..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Tammy and Scott,
Do you know how this special catalog will arrive? Are they emailing it to only those with many points? I am going out of town on Oct 2 for 5 days and don't want to miss something I've been waiting all year for!
Thanks Sharon

[quote name='Cruisebylandorsea']The last time they did the RCI Coke program there was an RCI logo on the bottom stripe of the screen. I noticed RCI has been advertising lately on MCR but have not seen any RCI offers.............Pls post if someone sees an offer. The Coke customer service people do not seem to know when an offer will be made.[/quote]

OK well do! I just check and nothing yet.

[quote name='Cruisebylandorsea']The last time they did the RCI Coke program there was an RCI logo on the bottom stripe of the screen. I noticed RCI has been advertising lately on MCR but have not seen any RCI offers.............Pls post if someone sees an offer. The Coke customer service people do not seem to know when an offer will be made.[/QUOTE]

Good Catch!!! Here's hoping. I know I originally joined when they had $ off a cruise. Never made it to that in time. Then I was able to get a set of coke cards. YEAH. But nothing since.......

Here's hoping. I've marked my calendar for October 1st to sign in and look. Keeping fingers crossed. $ off a cruise? Soda Cards? Spa Treatments? Something good.....

Lord knows hubby is a Coke addict. Thank G-d it's Diet Coke!
Erika

[quote name='jmom5']I have faithfully kept entering in my codes week after week hoping that RCCL will add something so that I can cash my rewards in. I am losing hope at this point, the rewards are getting more lame as the days go by. I'm not ready to give up, but I am losing hope. I have about 12,000 points now, and there is nothing good to spend them on. :([/QUOTE]

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels as though Coke has nothing that I want! And we too have over 12000 points! Once I was able to get two Subway Gift Certificates.....and both my daughters and myself STALK that silly site to see if RCI Rewards offers return!

I am weary of keeping it up but then afraid to stop as that is for SURE when something worthwhile will show up!

[quote name='Ruby71']Tammy and Scott,
Do you know how this special catalog will arrive? Are they emailing it to only those with many points? I am going out of town on Oct 2 for 5 days and don't want to miss something I've been waiting all year for!
Thanks Sharon[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]I don't know- this is what I saw. Looks like you have to log onto mycokerewards. If you move the mouse over the items it will show you how many points they will be offered at.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL]http://www.mycokerewards.com/showLBE.do?type=pillar&id=ltrewards&size=3&exp=html[/URL]

[quote name='Cruisebylandorsea']The last time they did the RCI Coke program there was an RCI logo on the bottom stripe of the screen. I noticed RCI has been advertising lately on MCR but have not seen any RCI offers.............Pls post if someone sees an offer. The Coke customer service people do not seem to know when an offer will be made.[/quote]
Don't get your hopes up. I think those ads are targeted ads that are added by cookies saved on your computer. You might notice that after you have searched a few sites for, let's say cameras, you start seeing the very camera you were looking at advertised everywhere. That is because targeted advertising programs read where you've been through cookies and post ads to correspond. You look at the RCI website a few time and you will start seeing RCI ads everywhere.

As someone else said -- MCR benefits are crap. The 2000 point rewards average around $20-30 in value.

[quote name='chloemonkey']I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels as though Coke has nothing that I want! And we too have over 12000 points! Once I was able to get two Subway Gift Certificates.....and both my daughters and myself STALK that silly site to see if RCI Rewards offers return!

I am weary of keeping it up but then afraid to stop as that is for SURE when something worthwhile will show up![/quote]

I was able to give magazine subscriptions as Christmas presents last year. I think they were for Ladies Home Journal and Better Homes and Gardens.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone who has an excessive amount of coke reward points and want to use them here's an idea. Give a magazine subscription as a Christmas gift. I did this several years ago. Just go to my coke rewards dot com; search for [I]magazines[/I] and you will get 3 pages to choose from. A few out there are; Seventeen, Harper's Bazaar, Good House Keeping, Fitness, etc.

Sorry to say but our RCL Unlimited Soda Card hasn't been offered yet. I know because I have been checking every day.

Archived