My Coke Rewards

[quote name='lady_cruiser']Anyone who has an excessive amount of coke reward points and want to use them here's an idea. Give a magazine subscription as a Christmas gift. I did this several years ago. Just go to my coke rewards dot com; search for [I]magazines[/I] and you will get 3 pages to choose from. A few out there are; Seventeen, Harper's Bazaar, Good House Keeping, Fitness, etc.

Sorry to say but our RCL Unlimited Soda Card hasn't been offered yet. I know because I have been checking every day.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm trying to be Optimistic. HOPEFULLY come October 1st there will be something out of interest to those that have balances over 10,000 points. I know in my case, if that's not the case, I hope there will still be AMC movie tickets available.

Erika

[quote name='birdylady']Personally, I'm trying to be Optimistic. HOPEFULLY come October 1st there will be something out of interest to those that have balances over 10,000 points. I know in my case, if that's not the case, I hope there will still be AMC movie tickets available.

Erika[/quote]

WOW - 10,000 again WOW. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that we all get what we are hoping for :p

[quote name='lady_cruiser']WOW - 10,000 again WOW. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that we all get what we are hoping for :p[/QUOTE]

Oops, I just read (and reread) that. Let me clarify. MCR is supposed to be having rewards that will be over the current maximum of 2000. I stated the 10,000 stating that right now there is nothing worthwhile to most folks with that type of point balance.

Sorry for the confusion.

Erika

[quote name='birdylady']Oops, I just read (and reread) that. Let me clarify. MCR is supposed to be having rewards that will be over the current maximum of 2000. I stated the 10,000 stating that right now there is nothing worthwhile to most folks with that type of point balance.

Sorry for the confusion.

Erika[/quote]

I understood you. I just think it is amazing that someone has over 10,000 points. And yes, I agree Coca Cola needs to do a major upgrade on what they are offering to the people who has such high balances.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, it's October first and I am not impressed with the 'big point' prizes they are offering. Go check it out. See if you like any of the prizes better than I do. And STILL nothing for RCCL. Bummer!

Erika

I just checked as well, and not too impressed. Not worried about the RCCL stuff anymore (switched to Celebrity). However, I did get a magazine subscription for pretty cheap!

Has anyone cashed in 2000 points for the Avis 1 day car rental offer? Is the offer good for one day or is it good for a 24 hour period? If we fly into town at 12 noon on Saturday will we have use of the vehicle until noon on Sunday (when we would board the vessel), or would we have to return it on Saturday night?

Thanks for any help. This appears to be the only good use of my points that I can come up with right now.

Has anyone cashed in 2000 points for the Avis 1 day car rental offer? Is the offer good for one day or is it good for a 24 hour period? If we fly into town at 12 noon on Saturday will we have use of the vehicle until noon on Sunday (when we would board the vessel), or would we have to return it on Saturday night?

Thanks for any help. This appears to be the only good use of my points that I can come up with right now.

I can't speak for the MCR version of a day rental, but generally all car rentals are a 24 hour period when they state a 'day'.

Hope this helps.

Erika

I not impressed either with the rewards being offer right now. I am still holding out that either RCL or another cruise line :rolleyes: will offer something that I can use my 1300 points on.

I am sitting on over 2500 and am hoping for some kind of beverage package. Even the soda package would be great to cash my points in on!

Going to give them until the end of the year to get something worthwhile as prizes, at which time I will get rid of my 4500 points so I will not have to go to there web site any longer and will not have to keep inputing these tiny little numbers as I have been doing for the last two years with nothing worthwhile to spend the points on.

I cashed in points for the one day car rental and I believe it is a 24 hour period. However, you need to pick up and return from the same location. I never used it because I wanted to pick up at FLL and return to Miami.

Thanks for all of the input from the board members.

Based on the responses, I cashed in 2,000 points for 1 day use of a mid-size vehicle from Avis for use in Tampa later this month. What the heck else was I going to use the points for anyway?

It is too bad that RCC (or any other cruise line) does not have any rewards currently going. Looking back, cashing in about 2,000 points back in 2008 for 5 bottles of wine onbaord the Mariner was a steal.

Thanks again, and I will post upon returning to let everyone know how it turns out.

I ended up using my points to get two $25 gift certificates to a local restaurant. The minimum expenditure was $50, but it was easy to do. I've also used points to get a magazine subscription. DH and I used one, gave the other one to DD. Now I just want to get enough points in order to get $25 certs for other two DDs.

I ended up using my points to get two $25 gift certificates to a local restaurant. The minimum expenditure was $50, but it was easy to do. I've also used points to get a magazine subscription. DH and I used one, gave the other one to DD. Now I just want to get enough points in order to get $25 certs for other two DDs.

Is that the restaurants dot com certs you get through a linked site from the MCR site? I've looked at that link a few times but when I asked at some restaurants if they took the certs, they didn't know what I was talking about. Are there national chains on it? (Outback, etc?) Do you print your own certs off? I was afraid that I'd spend the points, print the certs, and have them rejected like so many internet coupons are these days.

Would love to hear some details - and it there's a place I can go to to see what restaurants are available.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a certificate in the mail from Coke Rewards good for a 1 day rental for a mid-size car through Avis. The next step is to call the 800 # to make the reservation. I am assuming I will get something in the size range of a Toyota Camry, might be a tight squeeze but should be large enough to allow 4 adults to tool around Tampa for the day before the cruise.

I not impressed either with the rewards being offer right now. I am still holding out that either RCL or another cruise line :rolleyes: will offer something that I can use my 1300 points on.

I agree, the current offerings from Coke Rewards are fairly boring. I still collect them but I am not going out of my way to buy Coke vs another Brand since they got rid of the RCCL reward.

I saw that. I'm still holding out for either the soda or wine package. Before entering the contest for the Allure, read rules. Of course you can upgrade but they list the cabin categories that you can choose from. Listen to me, I'm talking like you already won it.

I got the AMC movie coupons (movie ticket and large coke) and they worked like a charm. I've used the magazine subscriptions. I decided that RCI must have had too many of us that collected on the soda cards. At that time, I didn't have enough for the wine or spa. I would love to see them offer the soda cards again but I'm not holding my breath. The rewards offered are pretty miserable.

YEAH! IF I 'have' to take something, I could suffer with the Allure. :D

But I agree, 'maybe', just 'maybe' this means RCCL is going to start participating with other items soon. I'm thinking someone has been listening to us. YEAH!!!!!

Erika

Archived