Great info from CC helped me avoid NCL scare tactic!

taymiss2

I just called NCL to cancel an excursion we had booked but changed our mind about doing. When the person on the phone asked if I had something else in mind, I said no we are just going to rent a car and do something on our own. She then proceeded to do her job by trying to increase revenue for NCL, so I do not really hold it against her: how she responded though was funny!

" you know you will have a very short time in Kona. It is a tender port and shore excursion people will get off the ship first so you could be delayed for more than an hour. Also the car rental agencies are a long way from port. That will take you up to an hour each way just to get your car. Plus you will have to rent a cab to get there" hee

I didn't say anything about the "waiting an hour to get off the ship thing" even though I knew it wasn't true from all the trip report's I have read. All I did say was "Budget, Thrify and Enterprise are basically right across the street and we all ready have a car rented from them. We will be fine". hee

She really couldn't get off the phone fast enough after that. Too funny. I feel sorry for the people who don't know about cruise critic. They will be hightailing it to the airport to get their car. lol.

Archived