Dockyard to sea glass beach by the cemetary

lilcruzr

Where are you docked?

You just need to ask the bus driver to let you off by the old Naval Cemetary because you would like to go the sea glass beach. There's a row of houses that you can cut through to get there. I forget exactly which numbers to go between but the steps down are toward Dockyard. It's better to get to the other sea glass beach at low tide (to get into the cave) but there's PLENTY on this beach and easy to get to at any time.

There is a nice sea glass beach near the dockyards. It is about one quarter mile outside of the main gate, so if you are on the bus to Hamilton, you will want to get off soon after leaving the dockyards. Politely ask the bus driver to stop at the Military Cemetary. You will see a church, and directly across the road some apartments. Walk between the apartments to a path in back and then walk to your right about 100 feet or so. You will see a patio with embedded sea glass and a set of steps leading down to a small beach. It appears to be a private patio and beach, however I have been there and it seems everyone uses this entrance. You will find pleanty of sea glass, mostly green, brown and white. When you collect all you can carry, ascend the steps carefully, and wait at the pink pole (bus stop) for a return bus to the Dock Yards. Buses run about every 20 minutes. Stand close to the pole, but off of the road way and when you see a bus, hold up your hand, as busses often miss seeing people waiting at this stop as they round a curve. Good Luck and Happy sea glass hunting. Hopefully you purchased a bus pass, otherwise you will need exact bus coins.

Wabbit

Hre is a pic looking back up the stairs we went down. It does seem like it's someones yard but this is where we were told to go on this board so we did and no one bothers you.

Ok, I messed up the paste so i will make a new post.

Thanks for the pictures. We will be there next Sunday so the pictures will help us know we are in the right place. Is there much chance of finding other colors of glass in that location? I hope you get a new countdown clock soon.:)

Red and cobalt blue are rare and hard to find anywhere. With the amount on this beach it would seem that the odds are greater of finding some but I found my blue at the other beach.

Some people found a few pieces of lavender at the Dockyard beach but they had been digging for quite awhile.

Barb got a beautiful piece of deep red..from St. George...heard that they are extremely rare...hope you are well....Debbie

I'm soooooo jealous, red is the rarest of the rare. Did she find it in the cave? I didn't have too much time in it since the tide was starting to come in but we did score something else really big that day....a possible vacation house swap with a resident.:D

Don't forget, I can still frame a print for you. Picked up a couple nice ones at St. George's Market Night.:)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any bus leaving Dockyard will go by, just don't get on the special beach bus since it does not make stops other than the beaches.

I wouldn't walk it, there are no shoulders. Plus, it may be only a quarter of a mile outside the main gate of Dockyard but starting at the ship, it will be farther...take the bus.:)

Archived