Summer 2010 NY-Copenhagen Airfare

TudorSue

I'll be on a July 2010 Baltic cruise r/t Copenhagen. Scandinavian -SAS is currently offering r/t coach fare of $988 from Newark on their non stop flight. This seems like a good price for summer travel. Can anyone offer me guidance as to whether I should buy now or wait? What were fares like this past summer? Thanks very much.

I'll be on a July 2010 Baltic cruise r/t Copenhagen. Scandinavian -SAS is currently offering r/t coach fare of $988 from Newark on their non stop flight. This seems like a good price for summer travel. Can anyone offer me guidance as to whether I should buy now or wait? What were fares like this past summer? Thanks very much.

Hi,

We are also flying coach r/t on SAS out of Newark for our 2010 Baltic cruise. However ours is a multi-destination flight which tend to be a little more expensive, we are flying to Copenhagen and returning from Stockholm. Our fare is $ 1013 pp.

Note: Unfortunately, our fare includes a $20pp charge for booking the multi-destination flight via the phone. SAS is one of the few (If not only), airline that does not allow multi-destination bookings via their web site.:rolleyes:

As far as booking early or waiting, personal choice.

Personally, I don't see our dollar rebounding soon & the I see the price of oil staying at least in the range where it is now, so I decided to book now and get it out of the way.

If one decides to wait, the fare might come down a little if:

As your departure dates gets close, if the airline has a lot of vacant seats left on your desired flight.

However, if the flight is a popular one, you also run the risk of not getting the flight times you prefer.

Stay well,

Anthony

Thanks, Anthony. I went through a similar thought process and decided to buy my ticket. Considering that the actual fare is $660, excluding all the taxes, surcharges etc., I thought this was not out of line for high summer travel. Plus I have one less thing to think about!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

We are sailing the Baltics Cruise this June 2010. I purchased economy SAS, EWR to CPH for $1000 each round-trip. I also purchased a chance to upgrade to economy-plus with Optiontown for an additional $254 per person each leg, or a total of $1016 more...

The only problem with OPT upgrades is that you don't know you are upgraded until 4 hours prior to flight departure. I'm willing to pay that fee. If not upgraded, you get the $254 per segment refunded to your credit-card.

It doesn't make any difference what fares were last summer. You can't use those to see if your price is good or not.

IMO, this is a pretty good price for summer travel, and I like SAS. I don't like the fact that their lower fare classes earn so few miles though.

I think I'd be more likely to expect fares to go up rather than down. That's been the tendency lately. LA-Copenhagen is not nearly as a competitive route as some others, such as LA-London, especially for non-stop. If you are willng to stop once or twice you might find a lower fare, but I'm gathering you have already looked around at theusual Web sites, and that your question is whether the SAS fare is likely to go down. Conceivably it could, but it could also go up. Your fare looks good to me, but it's not my money.

Archived