Freeport Shore Excursion

iewe

We will be in the Bahamas the last week in November/first of December on the Sensation... Has anyone had experience snorkeling at that time of year there, or will it be too chilly of water? Also, has anyone had experience with this particular shore excursion through the cruise line? If so, what did you think?

Freeport Snorkel Tour

Spend a day in the sun over one of the many pristine reefs snorkeling off Lucaya Beach.

On this excursion you will:

• Sail to the reef on a beautiful 72-ft catamaran.
  • Snorkel among the abundance of marine life and coral formations in this area.
  • Have some of the hot spots around the reef pointed out by your crew.
  • Enjoy some complimentary punch on your picturesque sail back to the pier.

I haven't been down to Freeport yet myself but my wife and I are going snorkeling there in mid-November. The water temp is expected to be between 81 and 84 degrees.

As for the the Carnival excursion I humbly suggest you do a search for Sand Dollar Cruises with Captain Tony before you make a decision. He seems to have a good rep here on the boards and is usually much less crowded than the Carnival excursions.

I haven't been down to Freeport yet myself but my wife and I are going snorkeling there in mid-November. The water temp is expected to be between 81 and 84 degrees.

As for the the Carnival excursion I humbly suggest you do a search for Sand Dollar Cruises with Captain Tony before you make a decision. He seems to have a good rep here on the boards and is usually much less crowded than the Carnival excursions.

One of the things we were worried about is the information we found about the port being privately owned and operated, and having to take a 30 minute taxi ride before being able to really do anything with the outside companies...

We will be in the Bahamas the last week in November/first of December on the Sensation... Has anyone had experience snorkeling at that time of year there, or will it be too chilly of water?

Water will be about 75 degrees, plenty warm enough for snorkeling. A bit crisp at first, but you get used to it fast. Just jump in and don't tiptoe in or it will take you longer to get used to it. Great visibility that time of year too, excellent snorkeling.

One of the things we were worried about is the information we found about the port being privately owned and operated, and having to take a 30 minute taxi ride before being able to really do anything with the outside companies...

Don't know why it's a concern about being private, many of the piers on cruise stops are private, this is not unusual at all. Doesn't make any difference to you. The reason it's 30 minutes away is because that's where the marina is. Tour operators figure since you have the shuttle right there all the time, very convenient, that there's no reason to offer the transport themselves, easier to just meet you at the marina.

Archived