Luggage tags from port/pier.

1lovehols

Do you fill your cabin number in yourself?

Got out docs today and they are still for the old cabin on deck 7 we are now on deck 8.

thanks for any info.

You can do it yourself or the longshoremen at the docks can do it for you. Your choice.

You can modify your current tags by using a permanent ink marker to black out out the old cabin #, place a white label over that portion and write in the new cabin # with the same marker. Also black out old quadrant/sextant info. You can apply a white label there and write in the new info if you can determine it but it's not important to have that on the tag as the porters never put it on their tags.

FYI

letter is quadrant

A - front starboard side

B - front port side

C - stern starboard side

D - stern port side

# is deck

aft is stern half and fwd is front half of ship. If you are in middle and aren't sure of this leave it blank. The most important info is the cabin #. I did this for our last cruise when we had a cabin change since the tag indicated our C&A status.

Thank you. I think the easier way is to just get tags at the pier. but thank you very much for the post about the codes.

I received e-docs. I copied and pasted the luggage tag, laminated copies of the tag and will put them on our luggage. Hoping that is a way to save time and a good idea.

Thank you. I think the easier way is to just get tags at the pier. but thank you very much for the post about the codes.

That's fine if you want to line up to do so especially if you arrive in the early afternoon when everyone is arriving. Most people get eDocs these days since it is the default document method and RC has started charging for mailed document thus most folks checking in for a cruise don't have their luggage tags. All you really need is to change the cabin # and black or white out the rest of the cabin location information. Then you can just leave the bags with the porters and continue onto the ship. I've also made up my luggage tags from my eDocs, like shorbr has, for my upcoming X Mercury cruise to save time and the hassle of doing so at the pier.

That's fine if you want to line up to do so especially if you arrive in the early afternoon when everyone is arriving. Most people get eDocs these days since it is the default document method and RC has started charging for mailed document thus most folks checking in for a cruise don't have their luggage tags. All you really need is to change the cabin # and black or white out the rest of the cabin location information. Then you can just leave the bags with the porters and continue onto the ship. I've also made up my luggage tags from my eDocs, like shorbr has, for my upcoming X Mercury cruise to save time and the hassle of doing so at the pier.

Well, if you get e-docs, why don't you go online and order the new bag tags they send out direct to your address?

Well, if you get e-docs, why don't you go online and order the new bag tags they send out direct to your address?

I read here on CC that for some cruises on RC you can check a box on the online check-in page to request that luggage tags be mailed to your home but it not available for my sailing on X and it appears to be hit and miss even with RC cruises.

I think that is a great idea if it become available across the board with RCCI.

To make the tags I copied the tag page in our eDocs to Windows Paint using using the Print Screen key, saved it as a picture file and used my photo software to crop it so only the tag showed to use as a template. Since our eDocs showed only Gty for the stateroom and didn't have our name or the date on it, I added all that info to the tag and printed it out on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper. I fold that length wise into third with the tag showing on the outside and will attached the folded and overlapped together ends with stapler so that it is around a handle on our luggage. We are able to drive to our embarkation port so can attach these tags before we leave home. Princess cruises offered, on our past cruises with them, in their eDocs a separate page with folding instruction and marks to provide a similar type luggage tags if you printed it out on a std letter size piece of paper.

I read here on CC that for some cruises on RC you can check a box on the online check-in page to request that luggage tags be mailed to your home but it not available for my sailing on X and it appears to be hit and miss even with RC cruises.

I think that is a great idea if it become available across the board with RCCI.

You can only order the luggage tags online if you get e-docs, and only when they have been released to you/your agent and outside of 14 days before the sailing.

This will be available for Celebrity and Azamara online from mid Nov I heard!

Archived