Thomson Red Sea Magic 26/11/09

Hi Everyone,

I am going on the red sea magic cruise on the 26th of nov with my fiance and was wondering whether anyone else is going?

We are a young couple and are hoping to meet up with other young couples or groups.

I'm really looking forward to it, this is my first cruise! :D

Anyone else travelling on the same date, please contact me, it would be good to hear from you, and arrange to meet for a drink on the sail away party.

Hope to hear from someone soon

LeanyBeany26 :p

Hi there LeanyBeany

if you follow this link to the Thomson site ....just look for the port of call and it gives the details of the excursions available and the cost....

http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/cruise/viewPorts.do

the excursions to Luxor, Cairo and Petra are long days and seem expensive but they are worth every penny...there are shorter excursions as well for those who want them....the ports themselves are industrial...not somewhere you can just go ashore and wander.....weather should be warm but not too hot...it may be chilly in Petra if you go as its quite a way north of the port.

Celebration is a lovely ship...not new and flashy but clean, comfortable and with amazing staff and entertainment.....I'm sure you, like most others, will be hooked from Day 1 !!!!!!!

Thank you Jennywren. :)

We are going to do the trips to petra and the pyramids, and hopefully the glass bottom boat! i am really looking forward to it, cost doesnt matter as such, its a once in a lifetime experience! i've heard so many good things, and im very interested in the history of egypt. this is my first cruise and im glad its relaxed, i dont mind the gala night as its only one evening, but i dont think i would want to do it every night like some of the more expensive cruise lines... im not a stuffy type! :p holidays should be about relaxing right?? :rolleyes:

I see you have a few cruises coming up, lucky you! hope you have a fantastic time!

Kind Regards

LeanyBeany :)

We(myself & hubby) are also going on the 26th Nov,I've also noticed a couple of other posts travelling the same time,so there will be a few of us from these boards on board.

We are going to Petra and Cairo and maybe the paradise island trip as we have been to Luxor before.

Not long now only 32 days.

Hi Cruiseanorak, :)

I'm getting so excited, i'm like an excited child! lol, i've arranged to meet another couple on the first night in hemmingways, you should come along, we like to get to know other couples when we go away. more fun that way, but if you would rather a quiet cruise to your self, there is no obligation, but the offer is there! see you in 32 days! yay! :D

Thank you Jennywren. :)

We are going to do the trips to petra and the pyramids, and hopefully the glass bottom boat! i am really looking forward to it, cost doesnt matter as such, its a once in a lifetime experience! i've heard so many good things, and im very interested in the history of egypt. this is my first cruise and im glad its relaxed, i dont mind the gala night as its only one evening, but i dont think i would want to do it every night like some of the more expensive cruise lines... im not a stuffy type! :p holidays should be about relaxing right?? :rolleyes:

I see you have a few cruises coming up, lucky you! hope you have a fantastic time!

Kind Regards

LeanyBeany :)

Yes, you're right they are once in a lifetime experiences!! you will be amazed ....Our very first cruise was this itinerary and we couldn't believe what we were seeing at Petra and Cairo!!!! then a few months later we did a Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan and back and that was amazing as well ....there is so much history to take in we keep saying we must do it again...there was one man on our Nile cruise who had done it eleven times!!!!

We have done this itinerary on Spirit (sister ship to Celebration) and the relocation from Palma to Sharm el Sheikh on Celebration....we think Thomson have the balance of everything just right and their organisation is excellent.

We still get excited when we have a cruise coming up and are busy spending the kids inheritance ...and enjoying every minute of it !!!! Not sure that they are though!!!! Ha Ha! Have a great time.

This definately seems a popular cruise, I can't wait for jan to come, paid my balance this week

This will be my third cruise on the celebration, it really is a great ship, the crew are fantastic, do not miss the crew show its excellent

Mtt,

Yeah i am really looking forward to it, i am literally counting down the days! thanks for your info on the ship, i've heard she is an excellent ship, but old, i'm not expecting a hotel on water, buti think it will be fab! i hope you enjoy your cruise in jan, and i will post on here what i thought of the crusie to give you an idea too! although i have no doubt its going to be great! i've always wanted to go to egypt, and to be able to visit so many places in one trip is amazing!

Speak soon,

Leanne :)

Mtt,

Yeah i am really looking forward to it, i am literally counting down the days! thanks for your info on the ship, i've heard she is an excellent ship, but old, i'm not expecting a hotel on water, buti think it will be fab! i hope you enjoy your cruise in jan, and i will post on here what i thought of the crusie to give you an idea too! although i have no doubt its going to be great! i've always wanted to go to egypt, and to be able to visit so many places in one trip is amazing!

Speak soon,

You may not be expecting a hotel on water, leanne, but Celebration beats the 4/5* Spanish hotels we've been to hands down!! The service is far superior, food better, there is a great friendly atmosphere on board and the entertainment is in a different league! OK, your cabin will be smaller than the average hotel room (by a piece), with no balcony (but you can always grab a sunlounger on deck if you want a sea view!) and the en-suites are 'tired' to say the least - but you won't want to be spending much time in there anyway - too much to do - too much to see!

Have a great trip - I'm sure like many of us on here, you'll be a convert by the time you return. Do let us know how you get on! :)

I'm sure i will be converted, but my only worry is sea sickness!! i really hope i dont get it, i did a mini cruise from portsmouth to bilbao with P&O and the seas were choppy and it was very windy.... i felt sick at the bow of the ferry, but that was the only place.... is that odd?? i really dont know! but other than that i enjoyed the experience, but it can hardly be called a cruise, just a long ferry crossing. any tips on how to prevent sea sickness would be great.

Thanks

I'm sure i will be converted, but my only worry is sea sickness!! i really hope i dont get it, i did a mini cruise from portsmouth to bilbao with P&O and the seas were choppy and it was very windy.... i felt sick at the bow of the ferry, but that was the only place.... is that odd?? i really dont know! but other than that i enjoyed the experience, but it can hardly be called a cruise, just a long ferry crossing. any tips on how to prevent sea sickness would be great.

Thanks

No, it's not unusual to feel more movement at the bow - if the ship is pitching up and down the bow and stern move the greatest distance. It's usually said that midships, low down is where there is least movement. Of course this is only an issue if it's rough. Horizons - the bar at the top of the ship (high deck and in the stern) is where you feel it the most in rough seas.

Buy some Stugeron pills over the counter from Boots - you don't need a prescription. Most people on here swear by them. They are the pills they sell you at reception on the ship. The only advice I'd give you is if you are prone to travel sickness, take one a couple of hours before sailing especially if the sea looks a bit choppy - when used as a preventative they are very effective. If you wait until you feel sick, it will then take two hours to take effect.

We've been through Force 9/10 on Celebration in the North Sea and the pills worked fantastically well for me - and I'm not a good traveller! I'm not sure whether it can get a bit rough in the Red Sea - but fingers crossed it will be plain sailing for you. If you have the pills with you at least you will be prepared. Chances are you won't need them at all. :)

Yes kruzseeka is right Stugeron are very good ..you can take one if the weather forecast is a bit iffy...but it should be OK we have once had a bit of choppy sea out of our three Red Sea trips, but nothing much.

Best to stay midships and low down ...if you go outside look at the horizon and you will probably be OK.

Thank you both! i was becoming concerned about this as i didnt want it to ruin my cruise :o

This is my Dream holiday, and i dont want a second to be missed! i've always wanted to go to Egypt, and to be able to see so many cities in one trip is absolutely fantastic!

only 24 days now...Yay! :)

Again, thank you

Leanne

We are also on the same cruise followed by a week in Sharm at the Dreams Vacation, our tickets arrived yesterday, you will have a wonderful time. We were on the Celebration in March cruising the Canary Islands and Maderia, It's a lovely boat and extremely friendly. Really looking forward to being back on board. See you in the bar.

• 1 month later...

Archived