Oasis vs the Freedom class ships

I was sold on doing one of the freedom ships for vayca with my 14, 9 and 7 year old but now after doing some more digging am liking the Oasis of the Sea more and more. They seem to have everything that the freedom ships have and then some. Can anybody tell me any advantages one has over the other????

Thanks!!!

That's easy! Oasis of the Seas will have a nice park in the middle of the ship with real grass, trees, flowers, and plants! The park also has a few shops & restaurants. The Freedom class ships don't have a park. Oasis of the Seas also has a boardwalk with a carousel, several shops, restaurants, and even an ampitheater with a large 18 ft. deep diving pool with fountains for water shows! The Royal Promenade mall is a lot larger on Oasis than Freedom. Those are just the major things...

I was sold on doing one of the freedom ships for vayca with my 14, 9 and 7 year old but now after doing some more digging am liking the Oasis of the Sea more and more. They seem to have everything that the freedom ships have and then some. Can anybody tell me any advantages one has over the other????

Thanks!!!

The Oasis will be priced much higher between now and about September of 2010 than the Freedom class ships will be. However, if it fits your budget it is probably the best choice. It has everything the Freedom has plus a carousel, zip line, an extra flowrider, an auqa theater and many more dining options.

The biggest factors in favor of a Freedom class ship over the Oasis or Allure is likely to be the prices and a somewhat wider range of itinerary choices. The difference in the two classes of ships, however, is dramatic and even before anyone has sailed on Oasis I believe that there is little or no comparison between the two clases of ships. While a Freedom class ship is basically a larger version of Voyager ships, the Oasis and Allure are a dramatic departure from any previously built RCI ship. They will incorporate many features which have proved popular on earlier ships, but they will introduce so many new things that the cruise experience should seem quite different. We are looking forward to seeing just what they have built and while I don't think that Oasis will replace the Radiance class ships as my favorite, I do know that at some point we will want to take our grandkids on her if only to see this ship through their eyes.:)

Thanks!!!

The biggest :eek: factor in choosing Freedom class over Oasis is the number on board....Oasis 5,400 paxs.....Freedom ships 3,634 paxs....If that and the price is no factor to you ...sail on what you think you want...As for me I am not interested right now to cruise with that many people and pay more for doing it..while as some have stated above about the "Park" onboard....I'm not on a cruiseship :rolleyes: to sit in a park...If I want a big ship I'll stay with the INDY....also love the Radiance Ships...Enjoy Whatever !

Archived