Transfers, etc., Miami - FLL

Mpowered

For our upcoming cruise, we fly into Miami, arriving 9:10 AM, same day that the cruise begins. (I know, I know.) We have lined up HAL transfer from Miami to the port at Ft. Lauderdale. I searched the forum but couldn't find what I know I've read - that the transfers aren't always a good thing. For example, you can end up waiting a long time on the bus for other flights to arrive. Somewhere between Miami and the ship, we'd like to purchase a case of our favorite soda to take onboard with us. Would we better to cancel the transfer and get a cab from Miami to the port, stopping along the way for our soda purchase? And about how much would the cab fare be?

Thanks!

Joan

NO! A taxi would cost you way more then the difference you would spend on a soda card on board.I live 6 exits west of the port off of I595 and a taxi ride is 30$ plus tip.Miami Airport is about 25 miles from Port Everglades.Depending upon the day of the week and time of day it could take a good hour.

We are adventurous like you.I know it is frowned upon but we are flying into Seattle day of our Alaska cruise and also booked HAL transpo.

Well, the soda card isn't exactly the answer because we want a soda that we like. :-) However, we can still have a nice cruise without Tab! Your answer about the cab is very helpful, though, so thanks a bunch! I hope we don't regret being adventurous. ;-)

Joan

Archived