actual tour guides

mdeane

Hope this is not a repeat, but are there no actual tour guides who will meet you at the ship and take you for the day as there are in other ports? I have read the post about taxis but we would like a private tour of the island. Thanks for any response.

Thanks Islander....I hope to see much of the island and would love to have a driver to stay with us. If you hear of any possibilities, please let us know. Can hardly wait to see your beautiful home island.

Hello Mistysue,

If you wanted to head to Christiansted first and explore the sites there, maybe shop, have lunch on the boardwalk - you could do that by taking a taxi one way to Christiansted. Once finished you could do the island tour in the afternoon and make your way back to the ship. There is a taxi stand area along one of the main roads in Christiansted - go there and approach the drivers and let them know you want to do an island tour ending in Frederiksted and they should be able to assist. Or you can arrange with the driver that takes you to Christiansted to return for you at a set time to go on an island tour ending in Frederiksted.

--Islander

• 2 weeks later...

Great link to the St. Croix Taxi Association, thanks.

Will likely hire a cab to Christensted, the Cruzan rum plant, then a tour back to the ship.

Just for my info, Would four adults and one 8 year old boy be charged as 4 or five?

Taxi fares are per person, no variations in price are made by age. You could ask for a discount but keep in mind that the taxi fares are regulated - per person by destination and also for tours - and taxi drivers are supposed to stick with those fares. ;)

--Islander

As always, Islander gives you good info. The Christiansted taxi stand can be found at the intersection of King street and Church street, near the waterfront and within sight of the Fort. The taxis are lined up along King street, across from the block- large yellow Government house.

• 1 month later...
Most island tours are offered by taxis, you might contact the taxi association and see if they can help: http://www.stcroixtaxi.com/tours.htm.

--Islander

Great info!! Gives me an idea for my budget for the day!!

----------------

Now playing: Peter White - Never Gonna Give You Up

via FoxyTunes

Archived