Zaandam Room Question - Lower Promenade Deck

mikjr

We have been on the Statendam and loved it! We were on the Promenade deck and loved the large deck right outside our door!

We just booked a R/T from San Diego to Hawaii for 2010 on the Zaandam, and have a question.

We got two rooms on the Lower Promenade. Can someone tell me what kind windows the rooms on the L/P deck have? I recently saw the Veendam in port and thought it had long glass doors that opened onto the Promenade deck.

The rooms we booked are C3362 and C3360. Anyone familiar with those rooms?

thanks

Maybe you're speaking of Lanai cabins? If so, yes, the doors open right onto the promenade, and there are designated lounge chairs right outside your door for your cabin. We're very intriqued by these cabins (though others are not because they feel there is a lack of privacy) and would love to try one sometime. I like the easy access to the promenade, largest "balcony" on the ship, a prices cheaper than a balcony. If it is indeed a Lanai cabin, I personally think you are fortunate! Check out HAL's cabins/staterooms thread at the very top of this Board. One of our own, Joanie, has taken it upon herself to gather photos of cabins on various HAL ships - you may find some photos of your cabin there. Good luck and happy sailing!

I think that what you saw are the cabins they constructed that have doors right to the Promenade but some people have reported problems with getting back in the door from the outside. To my knowledge the Veendam is the only one so configured at this time.

The Zaandam doesn't have the lanai rooms yet. We got off the Zaandam yesterday. We had cabin 3300. It had a large window. It's the same as all the other OV rooms barring portholes of course. It was a nice cabin, and although ours was listed as fully obstructed, it wasn't and we had a nice view of the ocean.

The Zaandam doesn't have the lanai rooms yet. We got off the Zaandam yesterday. We had cabin 3300. It had a large window. It's the same as all the other OV rooms barring portholes of course. It was a nice cabin, and although ours was listed as fully obstructed, it wasn't and we had a nice view of the ocean.

Hey guys!! nice to see you... it's been a whole year since Tahiti!!

Archived