New to Carnival...Have questions

lovinsea

Hi, we are former RCL cruisers and just booked with Carnival for 4/10/11 Ensenda to

Hawaii. Main reason for that time is the itinerary and leaving out of Ensenda, and not

Vancover or returning to Vancover. We can drive to San Diego and just fly back from

Hawaii.

My question's are, do you go to the cruise port in San Diego to check in, and then do they

provide transportation to Ensenda, what about your luggage, is it put on the same bus your

on? How bad is the trip to Ensenada?

Anyone sail that time of year from Calif. how were the seas?

Regarding the pools, is there a pool with a sliding cover for inclemlent weather?

Any info you can supply will ge greatly appreciated. P.S. How's the condition of the Ship?

We usually travel on newer ships, but this itinerary suited us.

Thanks...Ann

we

Why do you think Carnival will transport you to Ensenada? You are not sailing from San Diego you are sailing from Ensenada. Did you pay for a transfer from San Diego to Ensenada? This is just a guess on my part but I think you will have to get yourself to Ensenada. I looked at that cruise on Carnival.com and saw no mention of transfers from anywhere to Ensenada.

Why do you think Carnival will transport you to Ensenada? You are not sailing from San Diego you are sailing from Ensenada. Did you pay for a transfer from San Diego to Ensenada? This is just a guess on my part but I think you will have to get yourself to Ensenada. I looked at that cruise on Carnival.com and saw no mention of transfers from anywhere to Ensenada.

Reading some of the previous posts, it was mentioned that Carnival provided buses

(I believe you pay for the transfer) and they took you to Ensenada to meet the ship,

the shiip sails out of San Diego empty to Ensenada, because of the Jones Act.

I forgot to mention the ship is the Spirit. Since this does only 4 sailings a year there

are not too many reviews. One passenger mentioned that in Ensenada that the buses

were lined up at the pier for hours before they would let them board, this was posted in

2006, I don't know if things have changed.

Thanks for answering me.

Hope someone else has more info.

My question's are, do you go to the cruise port in San Diego to check in, and then do they provide transportation to Ensenda, what about your luggage, is it put on the same bus your on? How bad is the trip to Ensenada?

Thanks...Ann

we

Ann, yes, I just recently read (and of course can't find now) where you check in in San Diego and they transport you via bus to Ensenada. It would be my assumption that luggage would be transported under the bus (as it where it is usually stowed). The bus ride (when we did this journey with RC) was fine. It's a bit twisty windy but other than that it's fine. It took approx 90 minutes from San Diego to Ensenada.

We sailed during the month of May and the seas were fine.

If I can locate where I read about the transfers I'll come back and post a link....then I see the post above me has the link I was looking for! This is the one I read https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/transfers/transfers.html

How's the condition of the Ship?

Thanks...Ann

The SPIRIT is the first of four ships in this class. My favorite Carnival class, incidentally. I sailed the SPIRIT a couple of years ago on her 8-day itinerary to the lower Mexican Riviera. She's a beauty IMHO. Just the right size for me. (Pics in my Webshots below)

Because she also does her summers in Alaska she does have a closing dome over one of the pools for inclement weather and a terrific aft Lido deck OPEN TO THE SEA with an adult pool, bar, and nearness to the buffet.

Enjoy your cruise . . . this one is on my bucket list. :D

Hi, we are former RCL cruisers and just booked with Carnival for 4/10/11 Ensenda to

Hawaii. Main reason for that time is the itinerary and leaving out of Ensenda, and not

Vancover or returning to Vancover. We can drive to San Diego and just fly back from

Hawaii.

My question's are, do you go to the cruise port in San Diego to check in, and then do they

provide transportation to Ensenda, what about your luggage, is it put on the same bus your

on? How bad is the trip to Ensenada?

Anyone sail that time of year from Calif. how were the seas?

Regarding the pools, is there a pool with a sliding cover for inclemlent weather?

Any info you can supply will ge greatly appreciated. P.S. How's the condition of the Ship?

Thanks...Ann

we

Yes you check in at the port in San Diego and they will bus you and your luggage to Ensenada to board the ship. It is a long scenic drive especially if you are sitting on the right side of the bus.....

Going into Ensenada is not a problem so you picked the right cruise.....coming back from Ensenada is a whole other story.......

The Spirit is a great ship........

Have a great cruise!

Thank you all, for the info. This really sets my mind at ease has to how to get to

Ensenada. Now since our cruise is not until 532 days, hope they don't change things.

I'll just have a plan a cruise for 2010...532 days is way toooooooooooo long to wait.

Thanks again.

Ann

Archived