How early do you pack

LosetoCruise

I have more vacation time than my DH so I pack 2 days before we leave while he is at work. He takes the day off before we leave so we can sleep in, walk, have a leisurely breakfast, relax, get mani's and pedi's and go out for dinner. Then it is off to the airport the day before the ship sails. Makes for a nice relaxed start to the cruise. :D

Mary Lou

I am 95% packed a couple of weeks before our vacation. You can always send things out to be pressed (which is less expensive then most people realize) or hang items in the bathroom after you have showered. The steam will take care of any wrinkles. Good luck OP.

Amanda

;) You do realize the OP went on the cruise in question almost a year ago, this is a resurrected thread.

I still pack the same as I did a year ago :)

I pack the day before - how long does it need to take? Our last long trip was 2 months cruise to Brazil and included a variety of climates and activities - still managed to pack the night before and didn't wind up naked once! :eek: Mind you, if you enjoy all that planning and pre-packing, then go for it.

We returned last week from a cruise and are leaving in 4 weeks for another. So, rather than unpack everything, I left shoes, handbags, etc....stuff I know I won't need now, in the suitcases. Also to avoid a bad back I'll put something in everyday. If clothes get wrinkled, they get sent out for pressing. Not a big deal.

I pack the night before leading into the morning of. I always wish I can start packing earlier, but it never happens. Still, never wind up running out of clothes, so it's not too bad. Last cruise, I did a sorta back to back. I was away for the month before the cruise about 3 hours from home, came home the night before our cruise, had to unpack all my things I took with me away for the month, then repack for the cruise and leave at 5 am the next morning. Hectic doesnt even begin to describe it. At 4 am, my mom was quickly painting my nails. Then, I came home from that cruise and had one day before the cruise to Canada. Which meant unpacking all the warm weather beach stuff and repacking for cooler climate in Canada. All in a very short time frame. Still, was a lot of fun.

We start to think about it months before. I mean, for some, isnt that part of the whole cruise experience, the planning?

DH has been teaching us packing for years now, lol. We take over a room (I dont have a choice anymore, lol). Have a rolling garment rack. Send stuff out for cleaning and put aside the things we know we will send out once we board. We pile our clothes. We;re still not getting to bed the night before until at least midnight! lol

Archived