Mody Dick??? should I?

nicjoel0114

Hey! I think im about to book mody Dick tours! Can you gave me some feed back on this tour? where they friendly? Did you spend a lot of time with the rays??? Did you go to 7 mile beach after and if so how hard was it for you to get back to the ship??

Thanks guys!

I used Moby Dick last Oct and had a really great time. They were very friendly and the boat was not that crowded. Highly recommended!! We did not go to 7 mile beach that day but there are always a lot of taxis along the road by the beach so you shouldn't have any problems getting back to the ship.

I am going on Moby Dick tours next month and would love to hear more about them from the people who have gone. I went on a ship recommended tour to stingray city in September of 08 and the boat was so crowded and heard that Moby Dick boats aren't crowded and they had a really fun time. If anyone has any pictures to show also it would be great. Can you take a bagel or two with for the snorkeling part of the trip to attract the fish to you?

You will LOVE Moby Dick Stingray adventure. They do not overload the boat with people, you have a much more personal tour than the ship's excursions. The tour operators are young and hip, and fun. Very professional. True, the bus is not air conditioned, but the windows were all open! Plenty of breeze. The first part of the tour takes you to a snorkle spot, where you can enjoy snorkeling in deeper water. Then, you are taken to the Sandbar to feed and interact with the stingrays. I'm 5 ft, and the water was waist deep for me. You will soon be surrounded by HUGE stingrays that will glide around you. You'll be given squid and instructed on how to feed the rays. Bring a waterproof camera for some amazing pictures. And don't forget to kiss a ray........brings good luck. That's what they said. I kissed one. Who am I to argue? Google the website, it has pictures and lots of info. They offered to drop people off at 7 Mile Beach after, but we opted not to go, wanted a little time to shop. This is an excursion you will never forget!

• 4 weeks later...

Definately take Moby Dick. They provide a great personalized experience. They meet you at the dock. The bus is not air conditioned but just open the window and the breeze will keep you cool. You are not on it for all that long anyway. You have lots and lots of time with the stingrays and everyone has a chance to feed them.

You can get dropped off at the beach afterwards if you want. On our trip, the owner - Mark - noted that he did lose a few customers due to the fact that he had not gotten an air conditioned bus. Sigh - the experience he gives you more then makes up for this:rolleyes:

Note - this obsession with air conditioning...most homes in the caribbean are cooled by fans as electricity is pretty expensive.

We used Moby Dick last year and have him booked again for our Dec cruise. We all had a great time. Lots of time with the stingrays. the purple "Barny" bus picks you up at the cruise terminal. I never noticed if it was air conditioned or not and it is a short ride so I really didn't care.

On the way back they dropped us at 7 mile beach if we wanted---very crowded!!!

Definately take Moby Dick. They provide a great personalized experience. They meet you at the dock. The bus is not air conditioned but just open the window and the breeze will keep you cool. You are not on it for all that long anyway. You have lots and lots of time with the stingrays and everyone has a chance to feed them.

You can get dropped off at the beach afterwards if you want. On our trip, the owner - Mark - noted that he did lose a few customers due to the fact that he had not gotten an air conditioned bus. Sigh - the experience he gives you more then makes up for this:rolleyes:

Note - this obsession with air conditioning...most homes in the caribbean are cooled by fans as electricity is pretty expensive.

kuddos!!!:D

The unairconditioned bus is a non-issue. I was just on the Moby Dick tour last Wednesday. The one thing I wish Mark would have done would be to greet his customers when we arrived at the port meeting area. He just sat glumly next to the guy checking people in and didn't even interact with us. I mean, we've seen him on his website and thought he would be more friendly.

And then after snorkeling, when we were swimming with the stingrays, I asked him if I could kiss the stingray he was holding and he stared at me blankly for a few seconds and then asked, "Are you with the Moby Dick Tour?" No, I'm just wandering around this reef miles from shore on my own. Strange man. His two employees were great, though.

Mark does read these pages...that sounds completely out of character for him. I do hope he sees this. When we went on tour, he was very friendly and outgoing. He ensured we all had our stingray encounters - one ray even followed DH as he went off swimming by himself:D

I do hope everything is ok for Mark.

I have done both Moby Dick and Captain Marvins and would go the Moby Dick anyday. The boat was not as crowded and they spend more time with you. One of the guys even feeds an eel while you are snorkling on the reef. Mark was very friendly and made sure everyone had time with the stingrays. It was a more personal experience. Went in September with Moby Dick and no a/c on the bus was no problem, the ride is not that long anyway.

Mick

Archived