Need Shuttle name in Fort Lauderdale..

lesharona

We used Double B Transportation Services. They only charged $35 plus tip and had a van large enough for 8 of us with all of our luggage!! They drove us from our hotel to the port and then told us to call them when our color was called and they would be waiting outside after the cruise. Their number is 754-235-3423. Ask for Ben!!

Last January we took a taxi and there was room for four of us and our luggage. Taxi's are lined up outside and ready to go. I think it was only $20 plus tip to go to the airport and it is only 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...

I am also looking for transportation in the Fort Lauderdale area. I called Double B transportation as recommended by laginog in thie thread. Their rates are really good, but I can't seem to find out any info on them. They have no telephone listing and no web site. Anyone else used them?

Unless there is some reason you don't want to use a cab that would be my recommendation. We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale this AM on the Princess Star. We walked off the ship at 825am (Red 3 tags), spotted our luggage, waved a porter over, went through customs, got in a cab and were at the airport at 855am. The most important thing to do is GET A PORTER, they will move you through like a hot knife in butter! There is a separate customs line they will take you through and once outside of the port terminal they will take you directly to a cab. We had 3 bags and tipped the porter $6. The cab to the airport was $11.75 and again we tipped the driver $6. The porter did tell us there were vans but since they cost $6 a person the cab was actually cheaper.

lesharona, we have 5 as well which is why we are considering a shuttle versus 2 taxis. How much is BC Express charging you? Double B Transportation gave me a very good quote but this thread is the only place I have seen them mentioned.

• 5 months later...

We have 12 people to transport from the airport to the hotel and then the next day from the hotel (Bahia Mar, no shuttle) to the port. I emailed BC a couple of months ago and never heard from him until last week. He called and was VERY friendly. Given the length of time between my contact and his call, I was somewhat skeptical about his reliability. He certainly is reasonable, but given that I'm responsible for arrangements for 12 people ranging in age from 7 to 83, I need reliable. Can I count on him?

I haven't used BC but I can say that if for some reason he were unable to show up there will be about 1000 eager cab drivers more than willing to take you and your loved ones to the airport. It might end up costing you a little more, but I highly doubt you will miss your flight!! :)

Agreed...and I have used BC both at Port Everglades and the Port of Miami.

At Port Everglades it's pretty darn nice to know you have someone watching out for you in the total ZOO that place is when the ships come in.

One tip: Be sure you have a cell phone! BC will talk you right through the crowd and into his van.

I know it's only a ten minute ride to the airport but when you're from out of town and you get off the ship and see that mob it can be pretty intimidating...and I know I could probably walk to the airport and still make my flight!

BC= good choice...and that's from somebody who drives to the port now.

We'd done this trip just a couple times as it's most often more cost effective to fly in to FLL than MIA for just the airfare alone, not counting the cost of ground transportation which is a LOT more from MIA than from FLL to Port Everglades.

As I remember it was $50+tip and that was with us sharing a van with two other couples who'd flown in to MIA about the same time. I know that we paid $70+tip for limo rides from both Limos of Miami and Holland Limousine. Email BC for exact rates via the abovementioned address.

I will also say to not be surprised if rates, all rates, go up if not in base but with the addition of a fuel surcharge. It's only fair with the cost of gasoline rising by the day it seems. If you're one of the smart ones who gets a quote in writing in advance don't forget the driver when it's time to tip, especially if there's been a big jump in fuel costs between the time you book and the time service is rendered.

I will say also that BC is part of a handfull of ground transportation companies that I would trust NOT to gouge me over that issue....and that's from somebody who drives to the port now and has no need for such services anymore.

Archived