Art Auction experience

trimix

I am in the same boat. Was told 4-6 weeks for our prints we purchased in October on the Wonder. We have 2 prints and 23 weeks later still nothing. I have contacted them numerous times and keep getting different excuses. Disney was emailed and still no response. I am furious over all of this. My husband will never take another Disney cruise again because of their lack of urgency in this matter. We are also Disney Vacation Club members and he is seriously considering selling that off as well. Needless to say I am not very happy about both of those decisions which is why he has not sold as of yet. :mad:

• 2 months later...

FWIW, I just got off the phone with DCL. I too had a painting that I had not seen for 9 weeks. I was notified by both DCL and West End that Disney terminated their contract with them and Disney is in the process of refunding all customers whom are still without their orders. West End though is refusing to proceed on any orders resulting from this but claim they will consider doing the orders "directly" once each customer consults with DCL. I was also told that Disney will be doing auctions from now on through their own affiliate and will no longer be using third-party services. I was told there are back-orders going back as long as 12-16 months.

FWIW, I just got off the phone with DCL. I too had a painting that I had not seen for 9 weeks. I was notified by both DCL and West End that Disney terminated their contract with them and Disney is in the process of refunding all customers whom are still without their orders. West End though is refusing to proceed on any orders resulting from this but claim they will consider doing the orders "directly" once each customer consults with DCL. I was also told that Disney will be doing auctions from now on through their own affiliate and will no longer be using third-party services. I was told there are back-orders going back as long as 12-16 months.

That would be sweet if Disney would sell off some of their art aboard the ships. Bring some of those Disney Gallery pieces aboard or have current animators do some original work, not a bunch of 2257/10000 lithos.

The Walt Disney Company has an incredible art legacy going back about 90 years.

So, basically, I paid for my paintings, they have had the $ for over a month and we are SOL. I am pursuing this with the BBB and other agencies. These items were sold to us at auction. renegging on them does / should not be an option.

We cruised 4/17 to 4/27. Their contract ended 4/30, so tell me again how that is a viable excuse for not fufilling the order?

5/16/11

Dear E:

Thank you for your email.

I sincerely regret any disappointment with your experience with West End Galleries/Minerva Fine Art. I can confirm that we have discontinued our relationship with West End Galleries/Minerva Fine Art and at this time, they have informed us that it is no longer possible to fulfill your order. We so sincerely regret any disappointment this may cause.

Our records indicate you made two purchases of $240 and $260. We are in the process of providing a full refund of $535 onto the American Express account ending in 3005, which was used to pay for your shipboard charges. The transaction should appear on your monthly statement within two billing cycles.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com or call me at 407-566-3778.

Again, I truly regret any disappointment and hope this incident will not affect your regard for Disney. There is magic in the Disney name, and we hope to have the chance to sail with you again one day soon.

Sincerely,

Joel Hayes

Executive Guest Correspondent

Disney Cruise Line

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Hi. I recently cruised on the Disney cruise ship ( 4/17-4/27 Mexican Riviera ) and bought some art. I read some HORRIBLE comments about the company you use:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2641431&page=5

and I have emailed them to find out where my paintings are without any response so now I am getting concerned. There was a substantial amount of money that changed hands and I want to make sure I receive my product. I only have 60 days to dispute the charge with my credit card company so I need to have this resolved. Please advise.

Maybe they could get Phil Sears on to fulfil their auction needs short term. Or better still, sell from their phenomenal archives. There are Wyland Galleries in many high-end Disney resorts, so they could do something with them too. Oh, I'm so glad that WEG have gone. Here's hoping there's something on board for our cruise in September. Yet more to be excited about!

Archived