Pier location in sydney

gailisacruzin

Can anybody tell me if the pier is located near any stores where I could buy bottled water to bring on the ship. I drink so much water I hate to pay ship prices. We are arriving kind of late 5pm from a Princess Tour so we will not have much time to go to far.

There are two passenger cruise terminals that I know of in Sydney. One is near The Rocks and Circular Quay and the other (Wharf 8) is on the east side of Darling Harbour. My March cruise is going out of Wharf 8 and I've located a couple of 7-11s and a Cole's Express within about 6 blocks near Wynyard metro station. Check with your cruiseline to see which dock they will be using.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marlboro, NJ

In case there was any doubt, yes the Diamond Princess leaves from the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. 100% guaranteed.

As for buying water near the terminal...forget about going to the tiny Coles supermarket sitting above Wynyard railway station. There are a 100 places to buy water which are closer to the terminal, so don't waste your time & legs going there unless you want to buy a heap of other stuff at supermarket prices. I doubt this tiny Coles sell bulk packs of water bottles anyway. I've been in there many times and haven't seen any bulk packs.

The closest places to the terminal to buy water would be:

- one of the small stores in George St running parrallel to the terminal;

- or one of the small fast food stores underneath Circular Quay railway station;

- or the small Coles-like supermarket inside The Clocktower shopping centre just up Argyle St directly opposite the terminal;

- or McDonalds just on the city side of Circular Quay railway station.

Don't walk any further than that.

Hi Marlboro, NJ

In case there was any doubt, yes the Diamond Princess leaves from the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. 100% guaranteed.

As for buying water near the terminal...forget about going to the tiny Coles supermarket sitting above Wynyard railway station. There are a 100 places to buy water which are closer to the terminal, so don't waste your time & legs going there unless you want to buy a heap of other stuff at supermarket prices. I doubt this tiny Coles sell bulk packs of water bottles anyway. I've been in there many times and haven't seen any bulk packs.

The closest places to the terminal to buy water would be:

- one of the small stores in George St running parrallel to the terminal;

- or one of the small fast food stores underneath Circular Quay railway station;

- or the small Coles-like supermarket inside The Clocktower shopping centre just up Argyle St directly opposite the terminal;

- or McDonalds just on the city side of Circular Quay railway station.

Don't walk any further than that.

Hi there Steven,

Bob and Jen here...ROS Oct 2008...nice to see your name again. Notice you went on Diamond. Whats your comparison between both ships?

Hope you are doing well.

Cheers,

Bob and Jen

Hi there Steven,

Bob and Jen here...ROS Oct 2008...nice to see your name again. Notice you went on Diamond. Whats your comparison between both ships?

Hope you are doing well.

Cheers,

Bob and Jen

Hi Bob & Jen

I remember you both, and I hope you're well.

In my humble (easily-pleased) opinion, there's little difference between the ships I've been on. I've had the same experience on NCL & RCI & Princess (and I'll soon have a view on Cunard as well). There are pro & cons across various categories.

I think I'd say that RCI's food was a little better than Princess though.

If I must choose a line though, then I'm a Princess man, as I like the overall "package" they present.

Archived