Breakfast on Diamond

adey22

We are new to cruising, an asian cruise on Diamond next week. We have booked anytime dining and wonder what options are available for breakfast. Understand Horizon Court is a buffet format, but from reading on CC it seems it can get very busy. Are the other anytime dining rooms open, and are their breakfast options the same as HC

Thanks

We are new to cruising, an asian cruise on Diamond next week. We have booked anytime dining and wonder what options are available for breakfast. Understand Horizon Court is a buffet format, but from reading on CC it seems it can get very busy. Are the other anytime dining rooms open, and are their breakfast options the same as HC

Thanks

We went to the dining room for all our meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. We tried the HC once and didn't like it. We like to be waited on and we felt that the food was much better in the TDR.

I loved our breakfasts in the TDR, ordered what we wanted and not just what was on the menu. Most of the mornings I had bacon, scrambled eggs, mini sausages, tomato and mushrooms. I don't eat much bread but there was some wonderful pastries and donuts offered and the juice was proper juice. A lovely way to start the day and not having to jostle with other passengers in line.

We went to the dining room for all our meals' date=' breakfast, lunch and dinner. We tried the HC once and didn't like it. We like to be waited on and we felt that the food was much better in the TDR.

I loved our breakfasts in the TDR, ordered what we wanted and not just what was on the menu. Most of the mornings I had bacon, scrambled eggs, mini sausages, tomato and mushrooms. I don't eat much bread but there was some wonderful pastries and donuts offered and the juice was proper juice. A lovely way to start the day and not having to jostle with other passengers in line.[/quote']

Did you get a table for two (assume that was the no of people in your party) or you have to share with other people? :confused:

Ricky

Did you get a table for two (assume that was the no of people in your party) or you have to share with other people? :confused:

Ricky

We got a table just for 2 every time we asked for one (and there were only 2 in our party). Once or twice we got seated at a table for 8, but it was because we had neglected to specify our preference when we checked in with the hostess. So their default seating is to put people together to fill up the tables for 8, but many 2-tops are available too. This was true at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We never had a wait for breakfast or lunch, but sometimes the dinner wait was up to an hour.

re: the waffle station - they keep it going until early afternoon, so we frequently enjoyed waffles for lunch. yummy!!

Mary Ellen

I know you are on a different ship but to give you an idea on the Caribbean Princess breakfast is served until 9 am which I think is too early especially on a sea day. Even 9:30 would make a difference. We usually sat with others and everyone was very friendly. When you are done don't feel like you have to wait for everyone to finish to leave. Some people order big breakfasts and some order cereal. Especially on port days some people are in a bigger hurry. If you want a table for 2 they will accommodate you if available. On three occasions we were taken up to traditional dining room because the line was still there and it was getting close to 9 am.

They will have a special of the day (I remember different omelets). They usually have apple, orange, prune, cranberry, grapefruit juice. You can order an omelets, poached eggs, scrambled, waffles/pancakes, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels/cream cheese/lox’s, salmon, continental, and even more. Whatever I had was always good.

We never did make it to the buffet for breakfast.

If you order room service you have a very limited menu. Limited juices, limited breads, cereal, and a couple other things. Nothing hot. They should improve their room service breakfast menu. They will leave a card for you to complete with your order and hang on your doorknob by a certain hour in the evening. You will have different hours to request delivery like 7 to 7:30; 7:30 to 8:00, etc. I don't remember what the earliest time was.

By the way lunch works the same way. On our ship I think it was from noon to 1:30. There were the regular items every day like hamburgers and then there were new things every day. You can also get salads, fruit, and desert. They also had a continental breakfast and another breakfast item on the lunch menu.

Have a great cruise :)

Ricky

You can ask for a table for two and if they are available they will give you one.

We always prefer to sit with other people and get to know other passengers. We have made some lovely friends by doing this and will continue to do so. It is lovely finding out where people come from and a little about their life in other countries. It is strange how many times during the voyage you come into contact with these people and say hello.

Of course these are only our thoughts and a lot of people prefer to sit by themselves for meals. Whichever way you choose it is a lovely way to start the day, by getting waited on and not having to do the dishes and clean up. Enjoy your cruise!

We got a table just for 2 every time we asked for one (and there were only 2 in our party). Once or twice we got seated at a table for 8, but it was because we had neglected to specify our preference when we checked in with the hostess. So their default seating is to put people together to fill up the tables for 8, but many 2-tops are available too. This was true at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We never had a wait for breakfast or lunch, but sometimes the dinner wait was up to an hour.

re: the waffle station - they keep it going until early afternoon, so we frequently enjoyed waffles for lunch. yummy!!

Mary Ellen

Thanks, I like to try eating breakfast and lunch few times on our upcoming Australia crusie.

Ricky

You can ask for a table for two and if they are available they will give you one.

We always prefer to sit with other people and get to know other passengers. We have made some lovely friends by doing this and will continue to do so. It is lovely finding out where people come from and a little about their life in other countries. It is strange how many times during the voyage you come into contact with these people and say hello.

Of course these are only our thoughts and a lot of people prefer to sit by themselves for meals. Whichever way you choose it is a lovely way to start the day' date=' by getting waited on and not having to do the dishes and clean up. Enjoy your cruise![/quote']

We always sat at table for 8 in our past cruises, same reason as you mentioned. We actually sat with 5 other Australian couples (lunch and dinner every day)on our most recent river cruise, and we had had a lot of fun.

But we also like to sit quietly for our breakfast and lunch for a change.

Ricky

IMG_1870.jpg.f57d61d6e5162f3cc8a2f7166926e416.jpg

Archived