Official Departure Gallery

DEIx15x8

As I know look at this more closely there is no open deck from which to look forward off the bow. You have the Solarium, but the deck below that is accessed only through the kids play rooms and will probably used for outdoor kids activities/games and off limits to the general public. The deck above and behind the solarium will be obscured by the glass ceiling of the the solarium, and the bow itself is not accessible. I've always enjoyed looking off the bow when coming into or leaving a port and am disappointed that it's not possible (unless looking through the solarium windows).

As I know look at this more closely there is no open deck from which to look forward off the bow. You have the Solarium, but the deck below that is accessed only through the kids play rooms and will probably used for outdoor kids activities/games and off limits to the general public. The deck above and behind the solarium will be obscured by the glass ceiling of the the solarium, and the bow itself is not accessible. I've always enjoyed looking off the bow when coming into or leaving a port and am disappointed that it's not possible (unless looking through the solarium windows).

I agree, that was the best place to get great photos while entering port. It was the only place that really offered a good unobstructed 270º view of the area around. The only thing that you could not see was directly behind where the ship blocked the view. The Oasis does not seem to have anywhere like this as the Solarium has glass to ruin photos and to many things to block the view.

I hope the Baby Blue Hull looks more blue in the sunshine. But "The Big O" looks great

I seem to remember reading that the baby blue hull is to make the hull look bright white when the sun reflects off the Caribbean waters. Something about how white hulls take on a grayish hue when the light reflects off the water.

Oasis looks amazing in these pictures!

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure it looks as good as I thought it would. It needs some color! I think it would have helped to have the glass tinted a little bit like the Mariner and Freedom...

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure it looks as good as I thought it would. It needs some color! I think it would have helped to have the glass tinted a little bit like the Mariner and Freedom...

Agreed, one of my two only complaints with Genesis class so far. Would be nice if she had the Aqua colored glass like Freedom Class on a hump around the crown royal lounge.

...............6,000 passengers......who have a merry go round.........but no Promenade Deck......:rolleyes:

And there is my second complaint, I completely agree. I really wish they would have worked in a classic promenade deck under or just above the lifeboats. Especially if they would have kept the extended deck that protrudes out over the side of the ship like Freedom Class. That was my favorite part of the Liberty, I could stand there for hours enjoying the view. I can almost see why they excluded it though, on my last few cruises the promenade deck always seemed to be a complete ghost town... sadly nobody would walk out there :mad:

Everything else about Oasis is spectacular though! :D

I think she looks great - Oasis that is :D I think once she gets in the Caribbean sunshine she will look fantastic

Everytime that I look at Epic I think that bit on the top looks like an after thought ...it's like they designed her and then someone said oh wait I've forgotten a bit!

And there is my second complaint, I completely agree. I really wish they would have worked in a classic promenade deck under or just above the lifeboats. Especially if they would have kept the extended deck that protrudes out over the side of the ship like Freedom Class. That was my favorite part of the Liberty, I could stand there for hours enjoying the view. I can almost see why they excluded it though, on my last few cruises the promenade deck always seemed to be a complete ghost town... sadly nobody would walk out there :mad:

Everything else about Oasis is spectacular though! :D

I agree with that. But there's plenty of other areas to go to that no one else has. So I'm okay with it.

Archived