Buying Alcohol in Moorea?

vegasbb

I know wine was just asked about, but I'm curious about rum/vodka/etc. We are doing 5 days post cruise in Moorea. Anyway we'll find alcohol for sale by the bottle there?

There are a number of places around the island to buy booze by the bottle. They also have a distillery on the island.In Maharepa there is a shopping center and a grocery store where it can be bought.The Champion Super Marche is located south of the ferry docks. Very large warehouse/supermarket operation with good prices. Some items are in larger bulk sizes. Has good selection of take-away food, fresh produce, bakery goods, cases of Hinano ( beer), Tahiti Drinks, Avatea brand booze in most flavors in 350 and 700 ml bottles.

We're also doing 5 nts on Moorea post-cruise. We may try to buy whatever we need in Papeete and take it on the ferry with us. I'm thinking it may be cheaper, but then again as stated above, nothing is cheap in FP!

NOTHING is cheap in FP

Nancy:D

You will find a much better selection, especially of wines and liquor in Papeete than most places on Moorea. If you really want some selection, go to the supermarche just past the ferry docks, by far the best selection on the island. Second best is in PaoPao. So, depends on where you are staying on Moorea and if you have a car.

Also, fresh shark meat is a deal compared to most places in the world !!! But prolly not something you want...

Archived