RCCL Ironing Service

dual

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the ironing service on Board RCCL.

Im pretty sure im going to have to get my 2 formal wear dresses pressed plus a couple of other items.

I had a dress pressed last year by a resort ironing service (in europe) and my black trousers came back with that awful iron shine on one leg. :mad:

Can you share your opinions please if you have had the service before.

Many thanks

Hello Dual,

I used the ironing service on Rhapsody of the Seas in September for a pair of black knee length 'dressy' shorts.

I asked for a front crease, they came back, beautifully ironed, on a hanger with a very sharp crease, as requested.I was delighted.

Wish my ironing skills were as good!!!

By the way, cost was $2.

Sentosa25:o

Have had several items pressed while on the ship and was delighted. Once my items did not come back as I thought they should have and I mentioned it to my cabin steward and he immediately took them out and they were returned looking brand new and pressed beautifully. I would not hesitate to use this service.

We use the laundry/dry cleaning service almost every time we cruise. Sometimes it's great, sometimes so-so. I guess it depends on the individual who is ironing and their skill/attention level. It's better than not being ironed and full of wrinkles.

I actually packed wrinkled clothes, so not just travel wrinkles and they got them all out and they were beautiful! Now I thought the washing left the clothes a little stiff but the pressing only was wonderful.

I spent about $50 for everything including pressing 2 formals, husband's shirts and pants, a few shirts and a couple of pants for me, the laundry bag deal and several other items that needed washing. Everything was returned promptly. If I had it ready the night before or early morning it was returned that evening. Later in the day was next day service.

So worth the money to not worry about packing so carefully or overpacking. I plan to pack only knits for my dd's this time and just have them washed when needed.

Monica

We always have DH suits pressed on board. Its less hassel than using a drycleaner at home. We dont have to take it there and pick it up, then worry about wrinkles when packing. The price is about the same at home and we dont have to do any of the work.

Archived