1st time-booked spa suite is it worth it?

prinsfamily

Hi Everyone!

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary with our first cruise. We are all set to go to the western carribbean on the Epic in november 2010.

We booked a spa suite. In general are these worth it? We were originally going with just a balcony...

With the butler service, how much do you tip the butler? We have no idea how this works and do not want to insult anyone.

In general is a suite worth the extra cost? Can anyone tell me their experiences?

Thanks so much!

After our first suite, we never went back to a balcony cabin again, o for us, yes it is worth it. We save all year to indulge ourselves. We budget $10 per day per person for tips to the butler, but have gone above that and have et to feel we needed to go below it.

Al

Congratulations on your milestone! We are just a few months behind you!

I am looking into booking a Spa Suite on Epic myself as my next cruise; I just don't know when I would go yet. From reading all of the comments on these boards, especially the comments in the "Everything Epic" sub-forum at the top of the page, I think the Spa Suites are a very good value for that ship.

Having sailed in suites twice with NCL now, I have to say I hope to always sail in a suite from now on, the perks are outstanding! As to the butler, I think you will get varying opinions about that, just as I did when I asked this question a while back.

Hi Everyone!

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary with our first cruise. We are all set to go to the western carribbean on the Epic in november 2010.

We booked a spa suite. In general are these worth it? We were originally going with just a balcony...

With the butler service, how much do you tip the butler? We have no idea how this works and do not want to insult anyone.

In general is a suite worth the extra cost? Can anyone tell me their experiences?

Thanks so much!

Spa suites look very nice. They run twice the price of spa balcony cabins in November 2010. Add to that a few hundred for butler and concierge tips and higher insurance and taxes. Only you can answer whether the added (and significant) benefits are worth the higher cost based on your particular circumstances. For me, alas, the answer is no.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much!

For us it's defenitely worth the extra cost. On the other ships the VIP breakfast and lunch are worth the extra cost and on the Epic they also have VIP dinner so it must be worth it! The problem is, when shall you have time to eat at all the other restaurants!

Archived