Type of plane to Barbados?

C at Sea

On our flight details about our flight to Barbados in Jan to join Oceana, it is down as a Thomas Cook flight but we cant see mentioned anywhere what aircraft it is to work out the configuration of the seating. Does anyone Know? We cant decide whether to drive up to Manchester the day before and stay or go early on the day. We obviously want to sit together (2 of us) and we need an aisle seat as I get very claustrophobic and have to be on the end of a row!! I think I read that you cant check in the night before with Thomas Cook? Are the very small pull along cases allowed as hand luggage? I know there aren't any semi formal on these cruises but is it the normal 4 formal on this 15 night Panama cruise? Any help appreciated!!

We are flying with Thomas Cook in a few days to the Caribbean. The only guidance on hand luggage is:

"Hand luggage is restricted to one item per person with a maximum of 5kgs, with guideline dimensions of 43cm x 28cm x 23cm."

So if your case is within those sizes there shouldn't be a problem.

if you want to sit in a pair without anyone else making the third seat up etc, then ask for a seat at the rear of the aircraft ... from rows (39-i think!) onwards they are pairs and not triples due to the natural taper of the fuselage! the first pair (as such) actually then has added stretch room in front as the isle seat from the triple in front gives you extra room without blocking the isle!

i did have a plan of the fuselage somewhere...but i'm sure if you ask they'll stick you in them seats as they're not widely known about (well until now!! lol) ... also when we have flown out on cruise flights with TC there are also spare seats at the back too .. don't be shy!!

also in respect to the post about what the 6ft 2 guy says ... the cruise lines basically hire these aircraft (your only problems will be if you fly a 1st choice/thompson aircraft as their fleet has various configs ( meaning that on cruise flights you get the same seats back as you get going!) so you sometimes have to move!! whereas TC aircraft are all identical so that doesn't become and issue! .... anyway i digress ... they had to remove a number of seat rows from their aircraft to increase leg room due to the amount of complaints they were having .. hence lots more leg room! i'm a 6ft'er and prefer TC!

another reason why i think the 'premium' economy is a bit of a rip off .. same drinks - free .. newspaper - 50p in smiths! - same'ish leg room .. but they want in £100 or so from you .. save ya money for your bar bill on the ship!!

enjoy!

You might beable to log in and choose your seats with these sites

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/extras/select-your-seat.html?cmid=13051740&ecamp=w&ito=ecrmn11783158 for Thomsons and First Choice flights

https://yourseatyourchoice.thomascookairlines.co.uk/thomascookuk/login

I have never used them for Cruise flights so I am not 100% sure you can but its worth a try

Savapenny

You cannot log in and select your seats on P&O charters. You will not find these flights listed on the Thomson/First choice websites. P&O charter the flights and they make the rules. Hence the luggage allowance is slightly different

Brian

Can't be sure which type of Aircraft but we have Cruised with P&O and normally they use Boeings 767 or & 768 on which the seating is 2-4-2.Regarding Dress Code you should expect 4 Formal nights the other nights will be Smart Casual.As far as luggage we have taken a small pull along Case as hand luggage:)

Whereabouts in Staffordshire? We are in Tamworth.

We are on Ventura for Christmas, our fourth Caribbean cruise. The flights are fine, there is plenty going on. You will have a meal and later a snack served, there is a (free) bar service, screens on the seatbacks with films, old tv shows, games and a map showing the route. I take a good paperback, my friend likes her i-pod. If you've had an early start you'll need a snooze as you wind your watches back 4 hours on landing in Barbados which makes it a long day.

Check your hand luggage dimensions as the ones quoted are a reduction on what we have been allowed before, the bag I normally use will be too big this time. If your bag is too big you might have to check it in to the hold.

Carol x

The formal nights will probably be the three sea days and one other, maybe New Year's Eve? We won't know for certain until we get on board.

If there are any excursions you fancy you can book them now on the P&O cruise personaliser, there is already a waitlist for River Tubing on Grenada!

I presume you are flying from Birmingham? There are 10 of us going from there. Best wishes for your wedding!

Carol x

Just arrived back from the Ventura today.

We paid the extra for the 'premium seats' and my wife and I were not even sitting together (Thomas Cook A330)

The flight co-ordinator on board the ship told us she couldnt help us as seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis. I pointed out we had booked about 10 months ago and at that point , she shrugged her shoulders and said she could do nothing as the premium cabin was full.

The config was 2-3-2 in premium. I think in economy it was 2-4-2

I thought the legroom was OK ish but not fantastic. I would guess about 34" pitch.

Many thanx for the advice carol,it would be nice to know beforehand really so as we know whats suitable to pack,ihave heard rumours of a " caribbean party nite " which may or may not be taking place ? ,if anybody can shed any light on this ? it would be

very much appreciated , thanx ,

Tropical night will be one of the smart casual nights and hopefully will include a deck party. There will be garlands at your place at dinner and all the waiters wear a "Hawaiian" shirt. If you haven't got a suitable shirt or colourful dress you will find plenty to buy on one of the islands beforehand. Paul bought his on St. Lucia and my dad bought one from a beach vendor on Antigua.

Carol x

We flew back from an Oceana disembark in Barbados on Friday afternoon. The plane was advertised as Thomson Airways prior, but was actually a First Choice Boeing 767. We were able to buy an upgrade to Premier when we booked the cruise, well worth the small extra cost, seats here were 2 - 3 - 2. An excellent flight all around and I travelled with 2 claustrophobics!

Greetings,

You're trying to make me feel better, aren't you!!!

I paid for the upgrade after friends had to endure the 'old' Thom Cook flights.

They have since removed seats to give more legroom, they've also 'reduced' the baggage allowance for premier seats down to 23kgs for a 28nt crise with 6 formal nights.

If you're on Oceana at Christmas, I'm the guy dressed in shorts and T shirt next to a woman dressed up to the nines!!!

Greetings,

You're trying to make me feel better, aren't you!!!

I paid for the upgrade after friends had to endure the 'old' Thom Cook flights.

They have since removed seats to give more legroom, they've also 'reduced' the baggage allowance for premier seats down to 23kgs for a 28nt crise with 6 formal nights.

If you're on Oceana at Christmas, I'm the guy dressed in shorts and T shirt next to a woman dressed up to the nines!!!

I have just been onto the Thom Cook website. I got into their inner sanctum using my cruise Booking Ref No. Fat lot of good it did me, other than confirming that the flight out on the 11th December is an Airbus A 330 with a seating confiruation of 3-3-3.

It would not allow me to prebook my seats either out or back. There was a 'Banner' at the top of the page disallowing such action.

For info of all.

Archived