Colour coasts Island Escape

Simples

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1076126

Hi have a look at that thread. Lots of people going on the 27th Nov with tips and ideas.

There is a HOHO bus in both Funchal and las Palmas if you want to DIY.

Personally the only 2 excursions we are definitely doing through the ship are in Morocco, going to Taroudant. And Lanzarote up the Fire Mountain.

Berwyn

Thanks for the link. I was on this ship in June this year in the Med and enjoyed so much we booked this one. This is my first post on here so forgive me if I get things a bit wrong. Thanks again.

Thanks for the link. I was on this ship in June this year in the Med and enjoyed so much we booked this one. This is my first post on here so forgive me if I get things a bit wrong. Thanks again.

Don't worry, I was in the same boat as you last year. At least you won't need much info on the ship :)

This will be our 1st time in the Canaries and our 1st winter holiday.

Have a look here, there is a poster called Biaria who lives in Funchal and has lots of answers to people's questions.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=998248

Berwyn

Thanks for that link also. I have been looking at some of the post re- Agadir, Not to sure about this stop. Anyway I will be going before you so I will let you know how we went on. Ha Ha. We have been to three of the Canary Islands but not on cruises.

We are going on the 20th Nov

Hi so are we. Not long to go now :D. Unlike you though this is our first time on the Escape so don't really know what to expect.

Been looking at the trips and we fancy the Souk and Fantasia in Agadir (def not doing our own thing here) and the Catermaran Sailing in Las Palmas. Has anyone else done these?

Any info on this Berwyn?

Mary

Hi so are we. Not long to go now :D. Unlike you though this is our first time on the Escape so don't really know what to expect.

Been looking at the trips and we fancy the Souk and Fantasia in Agadir (def not doing our own thing here) and the Catermaran Sailing in Las Palmas. Has anyone else done these?

Any info on this Berwyn?

Mary

Hi Mary,

This will be our 1st time in the Canaries. but from last year's cruises they recommend the Souk and Fantasia, Taroudant or the Kasbat Souss and Souk Shopping excursions.

The 12 hour trip to Marrakech is not popular.

In Funchal and Las Palmas there are HOHO buses. And if you get the Yellow HOHO bus in Funchal instead of the City Sightseeing one the ticket is valid for local buses.

We want to do the Toboggan ride in Funchal, we had looked at a local firm, but it does not work out much cheaper than the ship's excursion Taste of Madeira.

Berwyn

Hi Mary,

We want to do the Toboggan ride in Funchal, we had looked at a local firm, but it does not work out much cheaper than the ship's excursion Taste of Madeira.

Berwyn

My parents did the Toboggan ride.. I remember it wasn't that pricey.. but can't remember how much it actually was. We did cable car up, they did ride down on Taboggan and taxi rest of the way.. and we just went back down in cable car.. lovely views.

Ooo and some ugly fish in the markets :eek:

Hi Crinkle,

It's 25 Euros per couple in the sled. Cable car is 10 one way and about 15 for a return ticket.

We weren't sure whether to do the ship's excursion that includes the cable car ticket up to Monte or do the HOHO and pay separate for the cable car.

Berwyn

Hi Crinkle,

It's 25 Euros per couple in the sled. Cable car is 10 one way and about 15 for a return ticket.

We weren't sure whether to do the ship's excursion that includes the cable car ticket up to Monte or do the HOHO and pay separate for the cable car.

Berwyn

I have no idea how much or how long the taxi ride was though. Didn't think of asking them. Its just a short stroll to the cable cars, and we just sauntered around town with ice lollys afterwards...

The HOHO trip things do look good though. Always very popular looking.

Archived