Noordam - VF Balcony Cabin Question

We2Cruzers

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone who has recently traveled on the Noordam might have feedback and/or pictures of the VF cabins and balconies. I am aware that they have metal rather than glass - but just wondering about any reviews of the overall impact and experience. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks,

LK

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone who has recently traveled on the Noordam might have feedback and/or pictures of the VF cabins and balconies. I am aware that they have metal rather than glass - but just wondering about any reviews of the overall impact and experience. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks,

LK

Not all the VFs have the metal walls, just the ones on deck 4. We've never had one, but on our VA verandahs I have visualized what it would be like to not be able to look below the wooden rail part. I would see nothing but sky or nearby mountains. I wouldn't like that.

You might find some VF balcony pictures on IRL_Joanie's site:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Hi there,

LK

As jtl513 states, Deck 4 has the metal railings. Deck 5 and above are smoked plexiglass style.

For better photos, to include VF categories, there are photos from the Oosterdam, which is also a Vista class ship, and she is a sister ship to the Noordam as is the Westerdam and the Zuiderdam.

Here is the link to the Oosterdam photos: http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/index.html

and jtl513 gave the link to the main HAL Staterooms/Cabins Page so you can check out the other Vista Class staterooms.

Thanks John:)

Joanie

Hi there,

LK

Hi! we were in VF 5135 on the Noordam Med. Enchantment at the end of June. This verandah had plexiglass and it was angled at one end as the ship bumps out in the back. You could actually look forward...it was an interesting configuration. There was ocean below...you were not looking out over a lifeboat as other cabins on deck 5. It was next to the handicap cabin. We were in a guarantee, and all of a sudden this room became available, so I called HAL (my TA was out of town at the time) my TA then took over. We loved it!

You will enjoy the Noordam.

Karen

Archived