Victory Rooms 2374 and 2378, Have you stayed in them?

blueslily

Hi all,

I just read a review from a poster who stayed on the Main Deck. She commented on noise from the Galley above.

My mom and aunt are staying in 2374 and 2378. Have you stayed in those rooms? Did you have issues with noise from the gally?

Any suggestions for rooms on the Main level since the Gally is above.

Maybe I shoudl move them closer to the front and under the Guest Relations Desk? What do you think?

Is it bad to be under the dining rooms also?

DH and I cruised on the Victory last month in cabin 2395 and it was noisy at night. DH complained 3 days in a row and they finally offered to move us to an inside room on the 7th floor. We had friends in 2396 and they couldn't sleep either. I didn't hear a thing most nights because I was so exhausted by the time we fell asleep, but DH didn't sleep at all beginning around 2am. They told DH that above us is where the staff gets the buffet ready for breakfast, so he heard a lot of dishes banging around and carts rolling down the hall above us. If you're a light sleeper, you might want to consider changing cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

We had 2329 a few years ago. It's the only cruise where noise was an issue - thankfully it was only a two night cruise. I didn't sleep for two days. There was a terrible banging from the back wall of the room all night long - kind of like a pipe clanking or an industrial dishwasher running maybe. It was ridiculously loud. It would stop for a minute or two and as soon as you would starte to doze off it would start again. I also decided on that cruise I did not like being mid-ship because we also had noise in the halls all night long as people passed by laughing, talking, slamming doors. We've stayed far forward on most cruises and never had the problem with hall traffic we did with the midship location.

Archived