Azura (& Ventura) Cabins D732 & D733

38anchor

We are contemplating booking Azura for early 2011.

We have decided to go for a Superior Deluxe Balcony Stateroom - probably CC grade.

Now I know that Azura is going to be based on Ventura (and Crown princess) design so I am thinking then that the last 2 cabins port and starboard (D732 & D733) 'should' have larger balconies.

Anybody got any thoughts on this - and also, being so far back are we likely to feel more movement / noise.

We have only ever sailed RCI before and that has always been midship.

We have decided to go for a Superior Deluxe Balcony Stateroom - probably CC grade.

Now I know that Azura is going to be based on Ventura (and Crown princess) design so I am thinking then that the last 2 cabins port and starboard (D732 & D733) 'should' have larger balconies.

Anybody got any thoughts on this - and also, being so far back are we likely to feel more movement / noise.

Hi I cannot help you with regards to the size of the balcony (don't know if its bigger or not)However we were in cabin D726 which is a few doors down and we loved this location. We found it a very convenient location - we liked the fact that it was easy to access the main club dining restaurants, Metopolis bar, The White Room , the Kids Clubs as well as the main pools ,Havana and the buffet restaurants too. If you want to use the spa,gym or the theatre you will have to walk a fair way to get to them.But apart from that we found it an ideal location.

Yes movement is slightly worse at the back and you do get vibration from time to time especially when docking. However it did not concern us at all and we have booked aft again next time. I get sea sick no matter where I am on the ship - I just take Stugeron and I am right as rain.Noise wise we didn't notice any apart from people returning to cabins late at night - ocassionally they were a bit noisy. The good thing about this location is that very few people walk past it as the corridor goes to the aft and then finishes. Oh and it has a launderette very close too which is very handy!!!!

The Superior Deluxe cabins themselves are lovely. You get champagne ,chocolates and flowers upon arrival. Plus you get canapes and fruit during the cruise.The cabins are spacious and have good storage. Overall we were more than happy

HTH

Sue

We usually have aft cabins on Arcadia & we have no trouble with movement etc. as said a bit of vibration when docking or at full speed. The view makes up for it though! & if you are lucky you can get a sunset or sunrise in your cabin, we had both going into/out of Venice last month.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I was going to give my opinion, but I think I may have the wrong cabin in mind... dont what to mislead you.

Hi - if you look on the crows nest forum. (Look at the cabin photo's section) There are some really good photo's of E730 which is directly below the cabins you are looking at. Yes they do have a much bigger balcony. Look really nice!!!

Sue

Archived