You have got to be kidding ....

aruvqan

Depending on where you're going, I seriously doubt that you would endure weather like that. Ships now have satellite to see coming weather or potential dangerous weather. They'll will sail in the other direction of the bad weather or go around it.

I read in the comments of the video that this is an Australian cruiseline I believed called the "Voyager". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't worry to much.

A friend sent me the link ... they think I am nuts for going on a cruise [they are sort of terrified of water. I grew up sailing and I adore being on the water. My favorite memories of sailing was sleeping in the yeomans berth on my grandfathers sailboat, tucked in all the way behind the ladder down. My own little womb. The water would slap the side and shoosh past, very womblike =) Vessel was a 39' John Alden yawl named Sea Gypsy]

Thankfully I don't get seasick in the slightest :D

So, what type of weather is there normally in Feb in the Caribbean? I do believe it is post-hurricane season at that time ...?

I have been in 30 ft waves on a cruise. The ship was 1000 feet long. You could look off the side of the ship and see the front of the ship all the way out of the water going over waves. As we went over the waves the bow would slam in the water causing the whole ship to shudder. I was sitting in the hot tub having a great time. This does not happen often, but on the big ships 30 ft waves are not that bad.

A friend sent me the link ... they think I am nuts for going on a cruise [they are sort of terrified of water. I grew up sailing and I adore being on the water. My favorite memories of sailing was sleeping in the yeomans berth on my grandfathers sailboat, tucked in all the way behind the ladder down. My own little womb. The water would slap the side and shoosh past, very womblike =) Vessel was a 39' John Alden yawl named Sea Gypsy]

Thankfully I don't get seasick in the slightest :D

So, what type of weather is there normally in Feb in the Caribbean? I do believe it is post-hurricane season at that time ...?

If it's like past Caribbean trips we've taken, both on land and via cruise, you'll have nice and sunny weather the majority of the time (mid-80s). However, on our last Feb cruise, it was chilly the first and last days of the cruise...like 70 degrees chilly. Have a great time!

If it's like past Caribbean trips we've taken, both on land and via cruise, you'll have nice and sunny weather the majority of the time (mid-80s). However, on our last Feb cruise, it was chilly the first and last days of the cruise...like 70 degrees chilly. Have a great time!

I am from western NY's tundra ... between Rochester and Buffalo, cold doesnt bother me at all :D

Actually, I hot tub on my back deck in the winter, it is not even roofed over. I would like a roof, but we haven't gotten around to building one yet. We decided to go on a cruise with the money!:D

That was horribly scary to look at but I kept thinking the weather couldn't be that bad b/c the helicopter shooting the picture was relatively steady. It couldn't fly like that in cyclone winds. Plus, the ship didn't have as many decks as the mega ships & while I couldn't clearly see the star logo on the smokestacks I knew it wasn't a mass market line.

I remember a couple of years ago we were coming back from a MR trip back to San Diego and the last full day at sea there were some pretty large swells. People were getting sick left and right. My daughter and I went up to the front of the ship to ride the waves, first you saw nothing but sky, then horizon, then sky. We had a blast!

• 2 months later...

Archived