Catalina Island, DR

alphakitty

A few Carnival Miracle itineraries are listing this island as a port stop as part of a Southern Carib itin from Fort Lauderdale. Any feedback on this port would be appreciated. :)

Rather than a port of call, Catalina Island is more like a private beach that you will be tendered over to, a beautiful beach with lots of facilities. It has been used by at least two European lines, Pullmantur and Costa, and I believe Celebrity have also used it in the past.

We had a great time there from our Pullmantur ship, with everything included, barbeque, booze and dancing girls.

• 4 months later...

Downdie, I know this is long past, but I did not see your post until now and wanted to say thanks for taking the time! :)

A private island beach day it will be then. I am bringing my own snorkel equipment and I hear the snorkeling is great here. I love beach days, especially in January. :D

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of Google searching will confirm the island great for snorkeling. :)

Isla Catalina, a 15 square meter uninhabited off shore wildlife reserve located five miles south of La Romana. The island can be seen from La Romana. If you book a small boat with captain in Bayahibe or at Rancho Cumayasa, he can include this little island in your day tour. Catalina has coral reefs close to the island for snorkeling. Many dive excursions come to Catalina for the reefs and tropical fish.

Isla Catalina's coastal waters offer ideal conditions for swimming, sailing and game fishing; snorkelers and scuba divers explore its abundant coral gardens.

The island offers white sand beaches and shallow reef-protected waters. Rules protecting the island's ecology have halted construction since 1969.

Isla Catalina is a cruise-ship port-of-call. The island receives about 5,000 visitors daily.

Hobbies & Activities category: Beach; Scuba or snorkel opportunity; Fishing opportunity; Swimming & water activities; Natural area

http://www.dresseldivers.com/en/RepDom_PuntaCana_diving_excursions.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_Island,_Dominican_Republic

• 1 month later...
A bit of Google searching will confirm the island great for snorkeling. :)

Isla Catalina, a 15 square meter uninhabited off shore wildlife reserve located five miles south of La Romana. The island can be seen from La Romana. If you book a small boat with captain in Bayahibe or at Rancho Cumayasa, he can include this little island in your day tour. Catalina has coral reefs close to the island for snorkeling. Many dive excursions come to Catalina for the reefs and tropical fish.

Isla Catalina's coastal waters offer ideal conditions for swimming, sailing and game fishing; snorkelers and scuba divers explore its abundant coral gardens.

The island offers white sand beaches and shallow reef-protected waters. Rules protecting the island's ecology have halted construction since 1969.

Isla Catalina is a cruise-ship port-of-call. The island receives about 5,000 visitors daily.

Hobbies & Activities category: Beach; Scuba or snorkel opportunity; Fishing opportunity; Swimming & water activities; Natural area

http://www.dresseldivers.com/en/RepDom_PuntaCana_diving_excursions.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_Island,_Dominican_Republic

Thanks for the info!! :) Bring on the beach days, the more, the merrier!!

Archived