What Kind of Lectures/Enrichment Activities Will We Find on Eurodam?

moondoggie

I love to learn stuff while on vacation, and would like feedback on what types of these things people have had on Eurodam or any other HAL cruises. I am usually on Celebrity, so am not aware of what HAL offers--Thanks.

Oops, I see your question went unanswered. We can't have that:p While I can't know exactly which topics will be covered by the lecturer assigned to your cruise, I can tell you some topics from lectures I have attended.

Let's see now...pirates, explorers, European history, Panama Canal history, personal relationships, gemstones.....and all the ones I will remember when my brain cooperates.

There will be demonstrations and activities planned by the cruise director, cellar master, party planner, Pinnacle chef, and the cast too. Oh yes, and a book club may meet..

Have fun. Learn a lot:)

Last week there were lectures on Caribbean Pirates, Ernest Hemmingway and a narration on our arrival in Old San Juan regarding the History of the Island, The El Morro fort and San Juan in general.

There were cooking demonstrations by the chefs from the MDR, The Pinnacle Grill, The Tamarind as well as favorite recipes of the Cruise Director.

As it was the week of Halloween there was a pumpkin carving demo. They also had a class on making towel animals.

The Digital owrkshop had numerous classes on Windows 7, Photo manipulation, blogging, setting up "virtual" scrapbooks, digital photo techniques etc.

The Captain and the Environmental Officer both had Q&A sessions in the Crow's Nest.

There was more, but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Archived