Breezes???

smw0621

Has anyone done the day trip to Breezes lately? I know most people are saying that Atlantis is better, there will be 4 adults, we're not looking for anything real fancy - just a nice place to hang out for the day (water, food & drinks). My main concern though is someplace to wash up, and a bathroom to use.

Thanks everyone!

• 1 month later...

been there twice. there is a pool food inside and out. free drinks. nice beach. volleyball. rock climbing, water skiing, kayak. very nice beach as well. get the $10 off coupon when you exit the ship - it is in the maps that you get for free in the first building you go through. have fun!

smw0621 - when you get back can you let me know if you were able to find a coupon? When we went three weeks ago I got the free map, but there wasn't a $10 off coupon for Breezes on it :mad:

I plan on going back in April and would love to know if the coupons are back!

Thanks and have fun!

I'll definately let you know about the coupon.

smw0621 - when you get back can you let me know if you were able to find a coupon? When we went three weeks ago I got the free map, but there wasn't a $10 off coupon for Breezes on it :mad:

I plan on going back in April and would love to know if the coupons are back!

Thanks and have fun!

I went there a couple days ago. I took the #10 Jitney for $1.50 to the hotel. Then I just walked up to the front desk and requested a day pass. It was $60 and good from 10-6. There is a small form to fill out and they give you a wrist band. I was there a little early so they told me I could go down to the restaurant and have breakfast if I wanted. There are also changing rooms around the corner from the front desk, but housekeeping couldn't find the right key to unlock it (?!?). I just used the restroom next to the desk.

The place was nice enough with a big pool area, hot tub, etc. There were activities going on all day with a rock wall and non-motorised water toys. They had a grill out by the pool with standard hot dogs, hamburgers, jerk chicken, etc. There was also a big bar out there where you could walk up and get whatever you wanted. The beach was nice and quiet but there were a few vendors roaming around. They weren't pushy, but they would come up to you.

Overall, it was a decent place. The hotel itself is looking a bit run down and they were working on the pool when I was there. I don't think I would pay to spend a week there, but it was good for the day. When I left I just went out front and caught the bus again. Here are some pics:

The beach:

033-3.jpg

More of the beach:

051-1.jpg

View of the beach from the pool area:

045-1.jpg

The pool area:

046.jpg

Pool area from the deck:

042-2.jpg

I was there on Dec. 17 and have very mixed feelings about it. The beach and pool area look beautiful but there are birds all over the place including in the pool. Can't imagine that water is very sanitary. Many of the beach chairs have dried bird p__p on them and the thought of a wet bathing suit against it grossed me out. I spread towels over my chair. Also, as you can see from the pictures posted there is no space between beach chairs so you have to crawl in and out from the bottom of the chair.

We also found some garbage in the beach water. I would be very curious whether other Cable Beach hotels have the same bird problems, etc.

I would not go back.

Archived