The Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City -- Tours?

The Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City offers 50-minute guided tours of the hotel. Have any of you done this tour? Do you recommend it, or can a walk around the hotel on our own satisfy just as well without having a guide in period costume explain the history? We currently have two pre-cruise reservations -- one at the Frontenac and one at the Auberge St-Antoine. Haven't decided which to use yet, but either way, I definitely want to visit and properly experience the Frontenac. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shelley:)

progress.gif

I have not take the tour, but I bet it would be interesting. If you go on your own be sure to visit the room with an exhibit about the top secret wartime meeting between Churchill and Roosevelt which took place in Quebec.

Some of the washrooms were locked the last time we were there - too many people off the street I guess.

• 2 months later...

we did the tour a few years ago (June 2007) and it was enjoyable! Figured I can't afford to stay there but I could afford the tour!

It was really very informative, interesting and unique! We fell in love with the building and took many pictures of the outside that adorn our walls! Even bought a painting that focuses on the hotel in the skyline!

The tour guides are dressed up in period costume and each play a particular job role and discuss what their day would have been like.

Archived