Suggestions for a day outside of Barcelona

Feliseop

I will be visiting Barcelona this summer during my cruise on the Noordam. I have been there several times before and am looking for a new experience. Has anyone visited another city in the area? I generally do not go on organized tours. I have no problem getting on public transport and going. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yes, the Dali museum in Figueras was a lot of fun! Sorry, not sure if you can get there on public transport. We had a private car and driver and went there, spent a few hours,[dont miss the jewelry exhibit which is a separate admission] had a nice lunch and then to the house he built for his wife Gala before back to BCN. It was great day!

--------------

Helen

• 3 weeks later...

There is an excellent Dali web site with specific instructions on how to reach the museums via public transit: http://www.salvador-dali.org/museus/figueres/en_index.html

We were in Barcelona for five days post cruise this past summer and didn't have enough time to see everything right in town, and so never made it out to see the Dali sites. Next time.

Archived