Booked the Star for Thanksgiving Week...any comments?

MaryLS

Hi all,

14 of us just booked the Star Princess for Thanksgiving week (Nov. 20-27). Any comments/information would be greatly appreciated. When should we begin looking for cheap airfare? Southwest and AirTran don't have their rates up yet for this far in advance.

Unless you are returning on Monday, you may have trouble finding a bargain on a holiday weekend return. Thanksgiving is one of the busiest air travel times and even SWA doesn't have any great bargains. Of course, what you save in airfare will be spent on meals and a hotel.:D ENjoy your cruise

The three of us (DH, DS and myself) have done seven cruises but never on princess so we are quite excited. My guess is that you may be able to get a good deal on the way down via southwest but not the way home. Where are you all from and ages in your party? feel free to pm me.

Book your air asap. Over Thanksgiving week the prices are high. We booked for last year as soon as they came out and watched them go up and up after that..Same thing has happened for our flights next month over Feb vacation. I would not wait if you can find a good price.

Do you remember the cost of the airfare over Thanksgiving week? There are 19 of us going. We checked one airline's group rates and they were ridiculous!!! $450+ per passenger from Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale...so much for a group discount!

Archived