Shore Excursion For Partially Disabled Cruiser...!

pjfnme

Hi. We're Taking My Parents On Their First Cruise Soon And My Mom Is Partially Disabled. She Can Walk But, Has To Use A Crutch Or Her Manual Wheelchair Or Motorized Scooter. We Want To Take Our 5 Year Old Daughter On The Stingray Tour But, Dont Know If My Mom Can Manage It With Her Disabilities. Can Someone Recommend Something Other Than A Beach Outing That Does Not Require A Lot Of Physical Activity Or That Can Be Done Using One Of The Methods Above? We Are Trying To Get Our Excursions Booked And I Have No Idea What To Tell Her To Do!! Any Help Would Be Very Much Appreciated!!! Thanks!!

hi,

one thing you could do is to just walk a couple of blocks to edens rock where there is a restaurant and also a small beach with snorkeling right there,

we went on a tour with captain marvins with a few people with some mobility needs,,,,is she able to climb up a ladder at all???

hi,

one thing you could do is to just walk a couple of blocks to edens rock where there is a restaurant and also a small beach with snorkeling right there,

we went on a tour with captain marvins with a few people with some mobility needs,,,,is she able to climb up a ladder at all???

No, unfortunately, I do not see her as being able to climb up a ladder..she might be able to get down one..but going back up would be very hard for her.

hmmmm....well, you might want to talk to captain marvins to see if the boat would be accessable for her to come for the ride and watch you guys in the water,,,where we got into the boat, in front of their storefront, there was a VERY large step down to get into the boat and back up to get off the boat onto the pier,,,,it was really tricky for several people on our trip,,,,

at edens rock, there are steps that go into the water (3-5 maybe) for snorkeling,,,,,,

wendy :)

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken this tour through the

ship excursions on the Coral Princess.

We have booked it for the whole family including our elderly parents.

It is a combination tour of the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City.

I know they will not get in the water, but I thought they would still

enjoy the excursion and watching us feed the stingrays. Do you

forsee any reason we should reconsider this tour for them? Is the boat

easy to get in and out of?

thanks so much

Sharon

I, too, am disabled and walk with a cane. We've been to Cayman several times and have already done stingray city at least twice. Last time, we went to a beach near Red Sail Sports, but I really had trouble navigating the sand and inclines, and the water wasn't that great. A good snorkeling beach or a snorkeling boat with steps rather than a ladder might work. Is Eden Rock a good snorkel? Is there a shallow area there for young children?

Debbie

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken this tour through the

ship excursions on the Coral Princess.

We have booked it for the whole family including our elderly parents.

It is a combination tour of the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City.

I know they will not get in the water, but I thought they would still

enjoy the excursion and watching us feed the stingrays. Do you

forsee any reason we should reconsider this tour for them? Is the boat

easy to get in and out of?

thanks so much

Sharon

We did this tour. They shuttled us around in volkswagon buses, whick were crowded but okay. Hell and turtle farms are very easy to walk around. No steps or sharp inclines that I remember. You had to climb down very steep steps that were more like a ladder for the stringray city "sub", then you sit on a bench in the middle and watch the stingrays through the window. I think they are used to people who need help (I am disabled myself) and the crew helped me a lot to get in and out of the sub. You also ride a boat out to the sub, but I don't remember any problems getting on and off it.

Really, besides the steps in the sub, I thought that getting in and out of the bus was the most difficult.

Debbie

We did this tour. They shuttled us around in volkswagon buses, whick were crowded but okay. Hell and turtle farms are very easy to walk around. No steps or sharp inclines that I remember. You had to climb down very steep steps that were more like a ladder for the stringray city "sub", then you sit on a bench in the middle and watch the stingrays through the window. I think they are used to people who need help (I am disabled myself) and the crew helped me a lot to get in and out of the sub. You also ride a boat out to the sub, but I don't remember any problems getting on and off it.

Really, besides the steps in the sub, I thought that getting in and out of the bus was the most difficult.

Debbie

I didn't know Stingray City excursion was a sub?!!! I better make sure I booked the right excursion!!! I thought it was a snorkle!

I didn't know Stingray City excursion was a sub?!!! I better make sure I booked the right excursion!!! I thought it was a snorkle!

Yours could be a snorkel. Mine was a partly submersible sub. I think that the boat we took out to the sub was also used for snorkeling trips to stingray city at another time during the day. The boat was pretty easy to get onto and off of at the dock. And we loved the turtle farm. Wish we would have had more time there. We actually got to hold one of the big turtles, so have your camera ready!

Yours could be a snorkel. Mine was a partly submersible sub. I think that the boat we took out to the sub was also used for snorkeling trips to stingray city at another time during the day. The boat was pretty easy to get onto and off of at the dock. And we loved the turtle farm. Wish we would have had more time there. We actually got to hold one of the big turtles, so have your camera ready!

Oh...okay!! Well.. I feel better now! I'm really looking forward to the turtle farm..we didn't get to do that when we were in Grand Cayman last time because of time constraints..so, I can't wait! Thanks for the info!

Better check your excursion again. On the Princess their are two excursions. One you get to snorkle and the other is the submarine and you only view the stringrays. At first we booked the wrong one and and to go in and make the change.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived