Best time to book cruise?

wildernesslady

I'm new to Celebrity and considering a spring cruise. Is there a better day to book a cruise for pricing. RCCL seems to be on Tuesdays. Thanks for any help.

In September of this year, RCCL seem to adjust their prices on no specific day.

For us, there seems to be no right time. When we see a cruise we like, we check to see if good staterooms are available, and if so book. As far as price goes, we have an agreement with our TA that always guarantees us the lowest price should it change until sailing. If the price changes prior to full payment, the final payment amount is adjusted accordingly. If the price is reduced after we make full payment, we get an on-board credit in the amount of reduction.

After many cruises, it has always worked extremely well with us.

For us, there seems to be no right time. When we see a cruise we like, we check to see if good staterooms are available, and if so book. As far as price goes, we have an agreement with our TA that always guarantees us the lowest price should it change until sailing. If the price changes prior to full payment, the final payment amount is adjusted accordingly. If the price is reduced after we make full payment, we get an on-board credit in the amount of reduction.

After many cruises, it has always worked extremely well with us.

This is true for most booking in the US so there is nothing to lose by booking early EXCEPT if your cruise has one of those super reductions that are good for new bookings only.

This is true for most booking in the US so there is nothing to lose by booking early EXCEPT if your cruise has one of those super reductions that are good for new bookings only.

I agree; and, we always book a year or so in advance. We always do CC (C-1) or AQ; hence, those super reductions have never impacted our cabin.

I'm new to Celebrity and considering a spring cruise. Is there a better day to book a cruise for pricing. RCCL seems to be on Tuesdays. Thanks for any help.

It's the same with X. If you are flexible and don't cruise in peak times you typically can get the best deal close to the sailing date or after the final payment date. Tuesday sales event sailings are listed at the following URL usually by Thur. or Fri. for the following Tuesday.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

The best time to book is when you find that next cruise that is just right for you.

Make sure you Book it with a TA that will watch the pricing and ensure you get the price breaks and or take that on yourself. ( it is time consuming)

Then you can just dream, plan and think about it till it happens. Oh... what a feeling. Those big price drops for new bookings are just about over anyways... :) are they not ? :D

I agree; and, we always book a year or so in advance. We always do CC (C-1) or AQ; hence, those super reductions have never impacted our cabin.

That's not always the case for the premium cabin. Last Dec. DW and I got an aft FV with a huge balcony for an unbelievable price for our Century 14 night TA cruise, just over $600 each total price. At end of March we had a D1 deluxe balcony on Radiance of the Seas for it's 15 night repositioning from Chile to San Diego for just under $700 total price each. If a cruise isn't selling well you can get some great pricing as demonstrated by our next cruise, on Monday a 12 night East Carib on Mercury which had lots of availability 3 weeks ago so X lowered the price drastically and sold out the ship earlier this week. Granted we only got a top deck deluxe OV but the $500 price made it a must better deal since the inside area is the same as a CC or 2A cabins with balcony which on Mercury are only 42 sq.ft. and we can easily drive to the port of Baltimore.

That's not always the case for the premium cabin. Last Dec. DW and I got an aft FV with a huge balcony for an unbelievable price for our Century 14 night TA cruise, just over $600 each total price. At end of March we had a D1 deluxe balcony on Radiance of the Seas for it's 15 night repositioning from Chile to San Diego for just under $700 total price each. If a cruise isn't selling well you can get some great pricing as demonstrated by our next cruise, on Monday a 12 night East Carib on Mercury which had lots of availability 3 weeks ago so X lowered the price drastically and sold out the ship earlier this week. Granted we only got a top deck deluxe OV but the $500 price made it a must better deal since the inside area is the same as a CC or 2A cabins with balcony which on Mercury are only 42 sq.ft. and we can easily drive to the port of Baltimore.

True. The revenue management process of cruise lines is much more complex than other service industries such as airlines. Prices change quite frequently and contrary to popular belief, booking the cruise a year in advance does not guarantee the lowest fares, especially for suites. Cruise lines love to claim that the best cabins sell fast, which is true many times, but certainly not always the case. For instance, my friend paid nearly $3,000 for her Sky Suite on a 10-day cruise booking it 8 months ago, while I only paid $1538 for my Sky Suite on the same cruise booking it less than a month ago.

Thanks, so I basically have to keep shopping. We have a friend who is a dancer on the Century, so we will probably only look at that ship. The prices were not horrible, but airfare seems to be. It is during spring break. Thanks to all. I knew I asked the right people.

Archived