VOTE: Classical Music Competition with Hapag-Lloyd Cruises!

melissa@cruisecritic

Choose your favorite singer in the competition (see below for video viewing info):  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite singer in the competition (see below for video viewing info):

• Betty Allison, Soprano
    • Wendy Bryn Harmer, Soprano
    • Daniel Golossov, Bass
    • Dovlet Nurgeldiyev, Tenor
    • Ji-Min Park, Tenor
    • Jong-Min Park, Bass

Four rounds of competition onboard luxury cruise line Hapag-Lloyd's Europa have come and gone, and now it's your turn to vote your favorite singer! The preferred performer will receive a special Cruise Critic Members' Choice Award.

The voting booth will be open through November 6; after the polls close, we'll announce the Cruise Critic Members' Choice Award winner -- and air video from the awards ceremony that took place oboard, so you can see who the judges and passengers picked, too!

Important: Before you vote, be sure you haven't missed any of the performance videos, available here.

Also, there's still time to enter great classical music giveaways! Prizes include concert tickets, backstage opera house tours and DVD's. Visit this thread for more information on how to win.

*Note: Nadja Mchantaf and Maria Virginia Savastano were too ill to perform in all rounds of the competition.

I have voted, but it was a hard decision. They were fairly evenly matched, I think. I tried very hard not to favor someone just because they sang something I knew and loved.

I would like to say that the accompanists were outstanding! Please tell them they did an excellent job.

I hope you get a few more people than 19 to vote, though!!!

I think that Wendy Harmer has a beautiful voice and one that everyone will get to enjoy for MANY years.

I'd also like to be entered for ALL of the different cruises as a prize. I would like to be entered into the contest for ALL of the cruises. Thank you.

Margaret McGovern

The music was beautiful, and I enjoyed all of the contestants. However, if I had to select one musician above the others, I would select the young woman from the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. She was both seasoned and poised. Her extraordinary range, tone, and clarity demonstrated that Ms. Harmer is an accomplished performer that will continue her pinnacle of achievement and success throughout a long career.

I'd love to vote for Wendy Harmer. She is so talented and from reading her bio she has studied very hard to get where she is. I'm amazed that at such a young age she has accomplished as much as she has. I hope she wins and we get to see her in many more opera's for many years to come. ALL of the singers were extremely talented and it was very difficult to choose just one contestant but I had to chose her. It's nice to see more American women in the opera and young one's that are finally making a name for themselves.

Best of luck now and in the future Ms Harmer.

Margaret, Cocoa,FL

I voted for Jong-Min Park, though I think everyone would be a great addition to any opera, and certainly fabulous entertainment for a cruise:)

Thanks to cruise critic for letting us in on the competition, at least a little bit.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and congratulations to soprano Wendy Bryn Harmer -- Wendy will receive a special Cruise Critic Members' Choice Award!

If you didn't get a chance to hit the polls before they closed (at around 11:30 EST today, exactly 36 hours after we opened up the vote), know this: There's still time to enter to win prizes! We are accepting giveaway entries through 5 p.m. EST on November 7. Head over here to check it out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1079427

I am so thrilled for Wendy and her family. I hope she enjoys all the benefits of this competition and that we all get to hear more of her music as time goes on. Thank you for allowing those of us that were able to get to the actual voting site to vote. I know several people that tried but were never able to vote. That saddens me as I think it should have been easier to vote for all of these talented people.

Again, I am thrilled for Wendy and her family. I look forward to more of her performances as time goes on.

Sincerely,

Margaret

Cocoa, FL

• 5 weeks later...
I couldn't vote. The original post stated the poll would be open through Nov 6, and despite the fact that Nov 6 still has over 8 hours to go, the poll is marked as closed...

Hello yes I just got the same note as you did and went to vote and its close

Wonder what is going on with this ?

Archived