Sail and Sign

pmc059

:rolleyes: Just Wondering, if I have paid my cruise in full, can I pay a little extra, like a couple hundred, and have that put on as a on board credit? Just wanted to start off, knowing I have some money on my sail and sign to start with.

The answer is yes. That is what I am doing, adding some every month so I won't have to mess with large amounts of cash or hassle getting travelers checks. Call and you will get an acknowledgement of the order via your e-mail and/or fax and it will eventually show up on your electronics documents as an OBC.

I'm sure Carnival will be only too happy to accomodate you - however, even with interest rates as low as they are why not put it into a savings account and put it to use for you?

SAvings accounts dont pay near what they used to years ago- what can I make --22 cents?

If I had money in my bank account growing--something in my house will break then I would use that money instead.

What I do-- I buy funship dollars each pay. (we get paid every other week) So I order the certificate-- and the next week I get it in the mail.

its a fun way to have a countdown calender. We cruise in March and I got a few hundred saved using funship dollars.

Call 800-906-7603... Tell them you would like to add XX dollars as OBC NOT as FunShip Dollars...

The money will be applied to your account and you should get an email confirming your purchase.

You have to apply the money at least 14 days prior to depature...

:)

Call 800-906-7603... Tell them you would like to add XX dollars as OBC NOT as FunShip Dollars...

The money will be applied to your account and you should get an email confirming your purchase.

You have to apply the money at least 14 days prior to depature...

:)

We always book 3 gals to one room. My friend always books the reservation under her credit card number, and the other two of us each write her a check for our 1/3 of the total. When we check in to board the ship, we each give our own individual credit cards for our S&S accounts. If I wish to apply money to my S&S account in advance, how do I do this since the booking was made under my friend's credit card? Technically, I do not personally have an account yet, right? Should I apply the money to my account only after we supply the information for our funpass?

:rolleyes: Just Wondering, if I have paid my cruise in full, can I pay a little extra, like a couple hundred, and have that put on as a on board credit? Just wanted to start off, knowing I have some money on my sail and sign to start with.

You can ADD credit to your account up until two weeks prior to sailing. Call carnival and have them transfer you to the proper dept. Tell them you want OBC added to your room. I have 400 OBC right now. Remember it will not show up on day 1 of your trip, so when you talk to carnival, tell them that you want a confirmation e-mail, for your personal records. Once you arive in yor room, you should have a welcome paper on your desk , that shows you have on board crredit

I would give you the number but the Carnival web site is down. Once its back up, scroll all the way to the bottom left and click on "Certificates". They can either send it to your house, or be waiting in yr room.

Have Fun!

Tim

When I booked my last cruise (and sailed the first week of October), the whole time I was told by my Carnival "personal vacation planner" that we could NOT add money to an on board credit. He said the only way we could do this was buy "funship dollars" and mail them in at least 14 days before we sailed. We asked about this multiple times. If he was wrong, that will upset me (and I know he's worked for Carnival for many years).

actresslb:

I have bought many funship dollars as OBC. I have never had them mailed to the house. I have always had them applied as OBC. I buy them online and put the booking number and cabin as address.

I always get confirmantion e-mail I take with me that I have never had to use. And I have more than once gotten a check for the small remainder at the end of the cruise.

Hopefully this is the only thing your PVP has been mistaken on. :o

Tom in Long Beach

When I booked my last cruise (and sailed the first week of October), the whole time I was told by my Carnival "personal vacation planner" that we could NOT add money to an on board credit. He said the only way we could do this was buy "funship dollars" and mail them in at least 14 days before we sailed. We asked about this multiple times. If he was wrong, that will upset me (and I know he's worked for Carnival for many years).

He was wrong on many levels- You CAN purchase OBC and the funship dollars do not have to be mailed. They can be taken to the pursers desk when you board to apply to your account.

IF you want to buy yourself some OBC in the form of Funship Dollars... the easiest way to do this is purchase them on-line from Gifts and Services at carnival.com. When ordering, simply enter 'ON BOARD CREDIT' on the first address line, and your Booking Number on the second address line. You'll get an email confirmation in minutes. I would rather take care of this myself on-line than with one of the carnival reps on the phone, and find it much quicker.

You can also call and do this, as Host Mach indicates above. Either way (calling or on-line), there is nothing that you have to mail in or take to the purser's desk or anything like that... the money is on your S&S account as an OBC when you get on board.

I've been thinking of doing this. If I do end up putting some money on there as OBC, would I still need to show a credit card when I check in?

nope, I did that on my last cruise, sept 29/09

I just said I was using cash, checked off cash for my S&S card on the fun pass..I had $1000 on mine and I got a nice check at the end of the cruise

Archived