Food at Pyramid view restaurants

thuyronald

Hi everyone.

We are doing a 2 day (non-overnight) tour with Ramses Tours from Alexandria next month.

We are contemplating about having lunch at a pyramid view restaurant in Cairo. I'm not sure if there is more than one and haven't had a chance to ask the exact name of the restaurant. It's supposed to be a buffet-style lunch for $15 US per person.

Has anyone done the lunch and what are your thoughts. Was the food good? Worth the money? Did anyone get sick after eating the food?

Thanks for any input.

Twee

Hi everyone.

We are doing a 2 day (non-overnight) tour with Ramses Tours from Alexandria next month.

We are contemplating about having lunch at a pyramid view restaurant in Cairo. I'm not sure if there is more than one and haven't had a chance to ask the exact name of the restaurant. It's supposed to be a buffet-style lunch for $15 US per person.

Has anyone done the lunch and what are your thoughts. Was the food good? Worth the money? Did anyone get sick after eating the food?

Thanks for any input.

Twee

Good to see you on the boards again how are you & Ron, what cruise are you going on (brilliance?) Olivia & I have done this a few years ago we went to a good quality hotel, the food was very good & no one got ill.

We are going shortly on the Costa Luminosa going through the Suez to Dubai.

Regards

Kevin & Olivia.

Hi Kevin & Olivia,

Hope all is well with you. It's so nice to hear from you. It's been quite a long time.

We are doing the Brilliance on Nov 30th. We are also visiting Luxor-Aswan and Jordan before our cruise.

Have you been to Dubai? We were there this past May. We did Legend of the Seas from Asia and ending up in Dubai, where we stayed another 3 days. It's quite a place.

What ports are you visiting on your Costa cruise?

Twee

Hi Kevin & Olivia,

Hope all is well with you. It's so nice to hear from you. It's been quite a long time.

We are doing the Brilliance on Nov 30th. We are also visiting Luxor-Aswan and Jordan before our cruise.

Have you been to Dubai? We were there this past May. We did Legend of the Seas from Asia and ending up in Dubai, where we stayed another 3 days. It's quite a place.

What ports are you visiting on your Costa cruise?

Twee

Hi Twee,

No not been to Dubai, the ports are Savona (Italy) Naples, Port Said, Sharm El Shiek, Aqaba, Safaga, Aden, Salalah (Oman) Muscat, Fujiairah, then 3 days in Dubai.

19 night in all, we leave on 23rd Nov.

Best regards

Kevin.

Kevin,

Will you be doing a daytrip to Petra from Aqaba? I found a company that can arrange it for you if you like the info.

Ron and I will be visiting Petra on Nov 27-28th. Can hardly wait.

We're flying out on the 18th.

Twee

Kevin,

Will you be doing a daytrip to Petra from Aqaba? I found a company that can arrange it for you if you like the info.

Ron and I will be visiting Petra on Nov 27-28th. Can hardly wait.

We're flying out on the 18th.

Twee

Twee

We are at Petra on Nov.30th, I have booked with a local company (Sinai Hotels & Tours)

Regards

Kevin.

Be sure you have enough hours at Petra to see the changes in the colors of the stone. I was surprised at the differences. You'll love Petra. It was even better than I imagined. It is a huge wadi. This is one trip where you'll want to have sturdy, but comfortable walking shoes - flats and sandals will not do you well. Be sure you walk up the hill to see the excavation of the mosaics at the church that is being uncovered. It is just outside of the Basin. If you have a camera, it's going to tax your zoom. I wish I had bought a 18-200 zoom before my trip! With all the sand and dust around, I didn't feel like changing my 18-50 and my 55-200 around, so I worked with my 55-200 the whole time. Besides the Basin Restaurant (run by the Crowne Plaza hotel inside Petra), there are just some kiosks along the way in Petra where you can get some food and drink. Don't worry about carrying a lot of water, as you can buy it cheaply as many places within Petra.

Be sure you have enough hours at Petra to see the changes in the colors of the stone. I was surprised at the differences. You'll love Petra. It was even better than I imagined. It is a huge wadi. This is one trip where you'll want to have sturdy, but comfortable walking shoes - flats and sandals will not do you well. Be sure you walk up the hill to see the excavation of the mosaics at the church that is being uncovered. It is just outside of the Basin. If you have a camera, it's going to tax your zoom. I wish I had bought a 18-200 zoom before my trip! With all the sand and dust around, I didn't feel like changing my 18-50 and my 55-200 around, so I worked with my 55-200 the whole time. Besides the Basin Restaurant (run by the Crowne Plaza hotel inside Petra), there are just some kiosks along the way in Petra where you can get some food and drink. Don't worry about carrying a lot of water, as you can buy it cheaply as many places within Petra.

Many thanks for the info. it is much appreciated.

Kevin.

Too bad we won't be in Petra at the same time. It would be a wonderful experience seeing you again.

Have a wonderful trip.

Twee

You too Twee, one day we might just meet again.

Regards to Ron.

Kevin.

PS been a busy year this is our 4th cruise, can't be bad can it!

No probs for the info. I just got back on the 25th. Let me tell you - Petra was FAR better than what I expected. I know, everyone thinks "Treasury" when they think Petra. But, it's far more than that. It's walking through The Siq, the Treasury, all the colors, the tombs, the Monastery, the atmosphere, and more. My group of women spent 5 hours at Petra and I could have spent more.

Just my opinion - if you are in the region and can afford the time it takes, don't miss Petra. It's definitely worth the money of an add-on to your vacation.

Archived