Two-For-One to Hawaii was a real "HOOK!"

wizard-of-roz

Most of us know, but sometimes get so wrapped up in the glitter of an offer we forget that we can always call Princess to put a "hold" on a booking before spending time clearing work and travel schedules.
Earlier this year I tried to book several offers received through my TA.

First experience - waited 2 days, getting vacation schedule at work. Offer no longer available. Very Disappointed.

Second experience - Jumped on it, contacting my TA. Within 2 hours of receiving an email offer from Princess the offer was not available. Forget disappointed, starting to get angry.

Third experience - forget the TA. Phoned Princess directly in less than 2 hours from receiving an email offer. Capacity was full, however, the Princess rep was able to apply the same price to a cruise leaving 7 days prior (same itinerary, but not on a ship listed on the email), which we held, then booked through our TA.

Third experience, Part 2 - Found the "balcony for the price of an oceanview" offer was made by elevating the OV cost. The OV later dropped to a normal price, proving that what we had jumped on wasn't really a bargain anyhow. I now look very skeptically at these types of bargains.

Earlier this year I tried to book several offers received through my TA.

First experience - waited 2 days, getting vacation schedule at work. Offer no longer available. Very Disappointed.

Second experience - Jumped on it, contacting my TA. Within 2 hours of receiving an email offer from Princess the offer was not available. Forget disappointed, starting to get angry.

Third experience - forget the TA. Phoned Princess directly in less than 2 hours from receiving an email offer. Capacity was full, however, the Princess rep was able to apply the same price to a cruise leaving 7 days prior (same itinerary, but not on a ship listed on the email), which we held, then booked through our TA.

Third experience, Part 2 - Found the "balcony for the price of an oceanview" offer was made by elevating the OV cost. The OV later dropped to a normal price, proving that what we had jumped on wasn't really a bargain anyhow. I now look very skeptically at these types of bargains.

As my father would say......"If it aint gold but it glitters....it still aint gold!" Or something like that.

I shall look at all offers with a skeptic's eye in the future.....thanks!

Archived