Atlantis - RCI/RCCL Mariner of the Seas - October 17, 2010 (10/17/2010)

SoBayJake

Although never cruised with Atlantis before, I am fairly certain you book excursions on the RCI website after you get your RCI Reservation Number via email from Atlantis. Same for making reservations at the premium restaurants.

Speaking of excursions, anyone notice they are still tinkering with the itinerary times per the Atlantis website? Arrival in Cabo now noon instead of 9:30 AM and depart at 9PM instead of 8PM. Departing PV at midnight rather than 2AM was noted earlier in this thread.

So another question from an Atlantis newbie - how do we book excursions? Is there somewhere on Atlantis site that lets us do that after we've got the documents (if that email ever comes...) or is it done through Royal Caribbean?

Thanks!

You can pre book your shore tours directly through RCCL website; however, you'll need your RCCL confirmation number and you won't get that until 2-3 weeks before departure directly from Atlantis via your email address. However you can download the current Mariner of the Sea's Mexico shore excursion booklet. Go to:

1) RCCL website

2) Click on "Before you Board"

3) Click on "Shore and land Excursions

4) Scroll down to "Shore and Land Excursion Brochure" and click the link.

5) Under the pull down menus click "Mariner of the Sea"

6) 17 October 2010.

You should be able to download the shore and land excursion booklet as a PDF. Now, this brochure just covers Mariners' Mexico cruises for the season and might not have any special tours organized by RCCL for Atlantis. It will at least give you an idea what might be offered. I haven't found a huge difference from past sailing. Once Atlantis provide you with your booking number you can then go back to the RCCL website and purchase any tours specific to the Oct 17th sailing. Your credit credit will be charged and your tour tickets will be waiting in your cabin upon embarkation.

In my opinion, not much of a "deal" - good if you know someone who is just about to book anyway. Note you can "give" the OBC to the new reservation person(s) if you are so inclined. Wonder how many Drinks-of-the-Day $200-400 in OBC will get ya?

Hey, I'm in a promenade stateroom too! :-)

I can't believe the cruise is in less than a month, as I just booked it a couple weeks ago. I'm used to waiting about a year between booking an Atlantis cruise and sailing it!

Re: the comment about making restaurant reservations, I think you're unable to do this in advance for an Atlantis cruise. You can only do it on-board, and on the same day. I've found that as long as you get to the reservations desk or the restaurant in the morning, and you're a little flexible with time options, you shouldn't have a problem. (If there's a restaurant you really want to go to, think about doing it on the first night -- I think there's less interest in the specialty restaurants that night.)

- Mike :-)

Hey, I'm in a promenade stateroom too! :-)

I can't believe the cruise is in less than a month, as I just booked it a couple weeks ago. I'm used to waiting about a year between booking an Atlantis cruise and sailing it!

Re: the comment about making restaurant reservations, I think you're unable to do this in advance for an Atlantis cruise. You can only do it on-board, and on the same day. I've found that as long as you get to the reservations desk or the restaurant in the morning, and you're a little flexible with time options, you shouldn't have a problem. (If there's a restaurant you really want to go to, think about doing it on the first night -- I think there's less interest in the specialty restaurants that night.)

- Mike :-)

It will be nice to see you again! :)

JSNow, we're staying just down the street from you the night before then. We're at Hotel Maya (staying on the Queen Mary was an option too).

Very cool. Do you guys have plans for Saturday night? We were going to start out at the bars on Broadway then perhaps Cripples and/or Silver Fox. Going to make it to the Fox for sure.

:)

Very cool. Do you guys have plans for Saturday night? We were going to start out at the bars on Broadway then perhaps Cripples and/or Silver Fox. Going to make it to the Fox for sure.

I'm sure I'll make an appearance at the Silver Fox as well! I think last year was no cover at Executive Suite. However, a friend went, and it was packed and HOT.

We haven't thought so much about it yet (first time to LA for me, effectively first time for my partner) - the extent of our plans so far has been try the restaurant at the hotel for dinner and go to the Aquarium of the Pacific Sunday morning before schlepping over for boarding!

We haven't thought so much about it yet (first time to LA for me, effectively first time for my partner) - the extent of our plans so far has been try the restaurant at the hotel for dinner and go to the Aquarium of the Pacific Sunday morning before schlepping over for boarding!

Ahh. I'll skip the Aquarium as I've got Sea World here. ;) I'm thinking we might do brunch on Sunday morning and by brunch I mean Mimosas somewhere. :)

Hmm... haven't given much thought to dinner on Saturday night though. Will have to think on that a bit.

I grew up in So. Cal and when I was an early teen, my sister was a tour guide on the Queen Mary. I spent a lot of time wandering around back then so I'm interested to see how things are now. We will probably do one of the 'haunted' tours. I remember getting truly frightened by ghosts and what not when I was a kid. And I remember hearing stories from my sister and the other guides. I don't remember then now-but I'm sure they will come back when we are on board.

I'm traveling with my BF and two solo single friends so I'll have to see what they are thinking about doing as well.

And the Fox has come highly recommended for that Saturday night-well Saturday nights in general. No cover and a great DJ.

Ahh. I'll skip the Aquarium as I've got Sea World here. ;) I'm thinking we might do brunch on Sunday morning and by brunch I mean Mimosas somewhere. :)

Hmm... haven't given much thought to dinner on Saturday night though. Will have to think on that a bit.

I grew up in So. Cal and when I was an early teen, my sister was a tour guide on the Queen Mary. I spent a lot of time wandering around back then so I'm interested to see how things are now. We will probably do one of the 'haunted' tours. I remember getting truly frightened by ghosts and what not when I was a kid. And I remember hearing stories from my sister and the other guides. I don't remember then now-but I'm sure they will come back when we are on board.

I'm traveling with my BF and two solo single friends so I'll have to see what they are thinking about doing as well.

And the Fox has come highly recommended for that Saturday night-well Saturday nights in general. No cover and a great DJ.

The new DJ at the Fox will get you used to cruise music with the heavy bass!

Paradise (http://www.paradisepianobar.com/) in Long Beach is usually well recommended. I was there once a couple years ago, haven't been in a while.

We are flying out of Ft. Lauderdale on Friday morning. Looking forward to spend two days in LA before the cruise. Any ideas where to play and eat?

West Hollywood (Cross street) Santa Monica Blvd/San Vicente is generally considered that the main gay area where you will find many gay bars and restaurants along Santa Monica Blvd between Robertson Blvd & Larrabee. The Abbey bar/restaurant is always busy and very popular. Next door is The Here Lounge. Continuing east along Santa Monica Blvd you'll find The Motherlode, Rage, Micky's, East/West, Eleven, Fiesta Cantina, Trunks. For dancing The Factory Disco is popular on Sat night and as well as Rage. For dinner you can't go wrong with Cafe D'Toile, and right next door St. Felix seems to get a lot of business now. The Abbey serves good food and Bosa Nova right across the street is always popular with huge menu. Last year Atlantis held a pre-party upstairs at Micky's. Haven't heard if they plan to do that again. I'll keep you posted if I here anything. Parking is tight. Depending on where your staying either taxi to WEHO or park in the Pacific Design Center on San Vicente Blvd and walk 1/2 block to Santa Monica although some bars/restaurants do offer valet for a $$. If you get there early you can sometimes find street parking.

well we're running out of time to be receiving THE email this week eh boys? I hope we're not expected to come up with anything too extravagant in the two weeks we'll have before we set off for LA! :)

Well, there's always the hope that they've scheduled the email to send automatically over the weekend... (Yeah, right.)

We might still head out on an exploratory shopping this weekend to try and spot key bits for likely parties. We know there's going to be the dog tag and white parties at least.

Anything to take our mind off waiting the last three weeks!! :D

Archived