Taxi

Yes We Can

this doesn't happen on a regular basis at all. in fact, it's the first time that i have heard of anything like this happening, but there have been many times that tourists have come here and robbed or tried to rip off businesses, taxis or shops. "There's good and bad everywhere".

For a better idea of what happened please read this local blog:

http://antiguaisland.blogspot.com/2009/10/true-story-of-six-americans-arrested-in.html

This one was interesting reading too (pointing out that strange things can happen when people don't want to pay cab fares):

http://www.longislandpress.com/2009/10/25/cops-ca-woman-maced-nj-cabbie-in-melville/

I have never had it happen to me in Antigua. In fact, once I had a driver named Marcus who couldn't have gone more out of his way to come back and check on us at the beach and in fact we didn't realize it would be so hot so early and good thing he was checking because we all wanted to go back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Tourists DO NOT travel to the Caribbean to rip off taxi's or stores, thats the most obsurd and stupd thing I've ever heard anyone say. Its DEFINITELY the other way around whether you want to believe it or not, which is why it IS best to know average taxi rates. And you can be sure that the LV and other "designer" bags or clothes they sell are Fake as well.

cherisahx, you don't think there could possibly be a single bad cruise ship apple huh?

I guess you haven't read the stats on crime on cruise ships. They have higher crime rates than the USA does per capita.

This is a closed case and the facts are there.

Archived