Excursions in Belize...Need Ideas

comets2006

Hey there. I am a first time cruiser. Will be going on my first cruise next december. We are looking for some things to do in Belize. Will have an older lady with us who cannot do the strenuous activities. Can you guys give us some ideas as to what things are easy to do in Belize. Look forward to hearing about everything that can be done. I know it's still early but I can't wait. Thanks!

Hey there. I am a first time cruiser. Will be going on my first cruise next december. We are looking for some things to do in Belize. Will have an older lady with us who cannot do the strenuous activities. Can you guys give us some ideas as to what things are easy to do in Belize. Look forward to hearing about everything that can be done. I know it's still early but I can't wait. Thanks!

Not sure if you are interested in splitting up or not, but if so, cavetubing is one of the best excursions we have done!!! Major Tom was amazing and we had the best time ever!

We did the cave tubing and had a lady in our group who was in her 70s. There is a short hike involved at the beginning. It was a great tour.

We did the cave tubing and had a lady in our group who was in her 70s. There is a short hike involved at the beginning. It was a great tour.

Only problem that may be considered strenuous is if the water is very low and lottsa "butts up" is required and getting in and out of those tubes could be difficult for some elderly folks (heck even at 51 I had a problem getting outta the darn thing !)....Also, the walk thru rain forest can get slippery and a little climbing necessary. Just food for thought ;)

We were looking into the cave tubing but she is a little clumsy and we figured the walk thru the forest would be to much for her to handle. We need something that's easier than that. That's what we were planning originally but saw it would be alittle too much walking for her. Anything else to do in Belize?

We were looking into the cave tubing but she is a little clumsy and we figured the walk thru the forest would be to much for her to handle. We need something that's easier than that. That's what we were planning originally but saw it would be alittle too much walking for her. Anything else to do in Belize?

I did a cave trip with Land Rover 4x4 and boat trip down the river She could probably stay at the Land Rovers and avoid the hike thru the bat cave and Guarantee that someone in your group will be the driver. then you go a little off road OK more of a dirt road with some dips and water holes Then have a few free rum drinks while you wait for the Boat to take you back to the port at 30knots It was loads of fun for me and my GF. Actually one of the best bang for buck Carnival excursions ever

Look into cave-tubing with Jungle Paw. We're going with them next week. I understand going thru them cuts the walk by about half. If that is even too much walking, she could stay at the resort while the rest of your party goes cave-tubing.

• 2 weeks later...

StarTrain, we are going in on the Valor in Dec...just found Jaguar Paw today...looking for review of the company...considering the same; Ziplind and Cave Tubing. Done cave tubing before in Belieze years ago... if you went on Jaguar Paw, how was it; how was the company; and Pros/Cons?? Thanks...hope you enjoyed your trip!!

STeve

StarTrain, we are going in on the Valor in Dec...just found Jaguar Paw today...looking for review of the company...considering the same; Ziplind and Cave Tubing. Done cave tubing before in Belieze years ago... if you went on Jaguar Paw, how was it; how was the company; and Pros/Cons?? Thanks...hope you enjoyed your trip!!

STeve

Hi Steve! Check out what I wrote earlier on the Booking Directly Through Jungle Paws? thread. I can't say enough nice things about them.

Archived