closest beach to the peir

boowaaccaa

Closest beach to get to from Havensight so less expensive taxi ride is Morningstar Beach. Taxi would be around $5 or $6 pp, one way. Chairs, food/drink are resort prices so a bit higher than average. The Mariott Resort is on this beach.

If you are at Crown Bay you can go to Emerald Beach, taxi would be around $3-$4 pp, ow or you could walk, it would take about 20-25 minutes. The Best Western is there as well as a couple other hotels and restaurants. Prices are ok.

The dollar ride 138east mentioned is a form of public transportation (though it is not the public bus), its $2 pp, oneway for cross island trips. Its eastend route passes Coki Beach (you'd have to walk about .6 mile from the main road to the beach, somewhat seeedy area, flat) and it also passes Sapphire Beach (short walk along the hotel access road/entrance to the beach from the main road, steep and then flat). To catch the dollar ride you have to walk a short distance from the cruise ship dock to a bus stop area along a main road (about a 15 minute walk, flat).

--Islander

Yes as laser110 mentioned Carnival ships usually dock at the WICO dock (West Indian Company Dock) in Havensight. It is also called the Havensight Dock. So the information previously mentioned for Havensight applies. You might check out a beach guide for information about Morningstar Beach (close one to Havensight) and other beaches to see which one meets what you are looking for, try: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=st.+thomas+beach+guide&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1.

--Islander

Yes as laser110 mentioned Carnival ships usually dock at the WICO dock (West Indian Company Dock) in Havensight. It is also called the Havensight Dock. So the information previously mentioned for Havensight applies. You might check out a beach guide for information about Morningstar Beach (close one to Havensight) and other beaches to see which one meets what you are looking for, try: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=st.+thomas+beach+guide&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1.

--Islander

I looked at your link--thanks for that! But I still couldn't figure out where the beaches are in relation to Havensight. The link has a map with beach icons but the icons don't link to the beach name. I think Havensight is central south..yes?

So would Moringstar be east west etc. ? How many minutes by dollar bus, or taxi, or walking? THANKS!!

To throw another one into the mix is Eveningstar Beach at Frenchman's Cove. The beach is much smaller than Morningstar, but it is also calmer. On some days Morningstar can be rough, but because Eveningstar is in the cove area it is usualy calm. Frenchman's Cove is about a minute closer to Havensite and you'll pass it on the way to Mornignstar. Frenchman's Cove is also a Marriott Property, a time share resort, but all beaches in the USVI are public and it does have public beach access.

Scott

boowaaccaa - the map you looked at from the link, a map with the umbrellas marking the beaches, you have to click on the umbrella and the name of the beach will appear. And then using the links that say North, South, West, East you can go to pages with photos and descriptions of the beaches on that part of the island.

The map in your link is St. Thomas, Canada. ;) Here is a Google Map of St. Thomas, USVI with Havensight and Morningstar pointed out: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+Indies+Dock+Rd&daddr=18.319981,-64.918985&geocode=Fdm9FwEdxGQh_A%3B&hl=en&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=14&sll=18.319655,-64.911604&sspn=0.034792,0.061369&ie=UTF8&ll=18.337254,-64.924049&spn=0.069577,0.122738&t=h&z=13. You can move the map around, zoom in and out to see the location of other beaches.

Havensight is south yes. Morningstar is east of Havensight. The public bus route does not go to Morningstar. A taxi would take maybe 6-7 minutes.

--Islander

boowaaccaa - the map you looked at from the link, a map with the umbrellas marking the beaches, you have to click on the umbrella and the name of the beach will appear. And then using the links that say North, South, West, East you can go to pages with photos and descriptions of the beaches on that part of the island.

The map in your link is St. Thomas, Canada. ;) Here is a Google Map of St. Thomas, USVI with Havensight and Morningstar pointed out: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+Indies+Dock+Rd&daddr=18.319981,-64.918985&geocode=Fdm9FwEdxGQh_A%3B&hl=en&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=14&sll=18.319655,-64.911604&sspn=0.034792,0.061369&ie=UTF8&ll=18.337254,-64.924049&spn=0.069577,0.122738&t=h&z=13. You can move the map around, zoom in and out to see the location of other beaches.

Havensight is south yes. Morningstar is east of Havensight. The public bus route does not go to Morningstar. A taxi would take maybe 6-7 minutes.

--Islander

I tried to 'click' the umbrellas but nothing was happening! I will try again.

As for the map link --I see that it is Canada--that was the first St. Thomas that came up but I found the island of St. Thomas after. LOL--I must have posted the wrong link!

Archived