Crown & Anchor - Questions

nadalina

I am a little confused about the reciprocal policies between RCI and Celebrity and I am hoping someone can educate me. I have been on 31 Celebrity cruises but only 2 Royal Caribbean cruises that were prior to the merger of RCCL and Celebrity. I recently booked a cruise on the RCI Serenade for May and I was told that my Elite status with Celebrity would be recognized on RCI as a Diamond member...... not Diamond Plus, but just Diamond. Are only so many cruises allowed for reciprocal benefits? And can someone familiar with the Serenade explain the basic perks I can expect? Just wondering how RCI Diamond compares with Celebrity.

Thanks much,

Peggy

I am a little confused about the reciprocal policies between RCI and Celebrity and I am hoping someone can educate me. I have been on 31 Celebrity cruises but only 2 Royal Caribbean cruises that were prior to the merger of RCCL and Celebrity. I recently booked a cruise on the RCI Serenade for May and I was told that my Elite status with Celebrity would be recognized on RCI as a Diamond member...... not Diamond Plus, but just Diamond. Are only so many cruises allowed for reciprocal benefits? And can someone familiar with the Serenade explain the basic perks I can expect? Just wondering how RCI Diamond compares with Celebrity.

Thanks much,

Peggy

It´s pretty easy ( or somteimes not so;)).

Select status = Platinum status

Elite Status = Diamond Status

It´s only your status that counts for recognition of the equivalent status on the other line. Your cruise credits will not transfer over. As Elite is the highest on X and reached after 10 cruise credits the equivalent status on RCI is Diamond. There is no matching Status for Diamond plus on Celebrity, so it can´t be transferred over.

So you had 2 cruises on RCI which makes you Gold on RCI, now your Elite status on Celebrity makes you Diamond on RCI, but still with only 2 cruise credits. So to reach D+ you will need to earn another 22 cruise credits, not as you might think 12 like all others reaching Diamond at 10.

Archived