Goldstein tells why space is available on Oasis

Why can't you admit that

1- That the article is telling the truth.

2- This is a common practice.

3- You are either jealous or envious over not being able to afford going Oasis.

4- You just have no clue at all what you are typing about.

Have you thought that maybe he is right??? at the end of the day, none of you know for sure.;)

Why don't you goggle "can't fill oasis" and you'll find i'm not the only one talking about it.

" Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain told Wall Street analysts Tuesday during a conference call to discuss the company's third quarter earnings. "Neither I nor any prudent business person is predicting when that rebound will occur."

jj.......

I'm sure lots of naysayers are "talking" about it. Doesn't change my opinon or the facts of what was said here by others.

Anyone can call up and cherry picked quote they want to support their postion.

If they held back cabins on the initial runs of the prior two mega ships for so called break in purposes then to be doing the same thing here would not be surprising. The discussion is not what will be happening six months from now. No one can predict that, except God.

Oh and by the way I just Googled "can't fill Oasis" and lo and behold your above quote is the only one I see.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&fkt=7453&fsdt=21469&q=%22can%27t+fill+oasis%22&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Unless you count the other 2 which are irrelevant to the topic at hand

I'm sure lots of naysayers are "talking" about it. Doesn't change my opinon or the facts of what was said here by others.

Anyone can call up and cherry picked quote they want to support their postion.

If they held back cabins on the initial runs of the prior two mega ships for so called break in purposes then to be doing the same thing here would not be surprising. The discussion is not what will be happening six months from now. No one can predict that, except God.

Oh and by the way I just Googled "can't fill Oasis" and lo and behold your above quote is the only one I see.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&fkt=7453&fsdt=21469&q=%22can%27t+fill+oasis%22&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Unless you count the other 2 which are irrelevant to the topic at hand

But it still doesn't mean your right either !!

jj.....

Ummmm, if you Google " Who gives a flying fig!" You will probably find this post (#30 in this thread.)

Relax people. We are all entitled to our own opinions. One person feeling strongly one way does not invalidate another's opinion to the contrary.

I don't let myself get drawn into the controversy. I just come here for the cruise information, the money and the groupies! ;)

Eric

Its a good idea. I was on Celebrity's Millennium's second week out. First of its class. It was Christmas and the ship was completely full. (I know because we tried to change cabins while on board)

The staff was in a complete panic most of the time. Everything was so UN organized and people were forming lines everywhere.

The crew never had smiles on there faces and you could feel the tension in the air the entire week. I agree with go slow in the beginning and don't even try to fill the ship up...

I think this sums it up - A MAJOR TA in the UK is the

" Be one of the first to experience this incredible ship with this fabulous value inaugural cruise holiday offer."

£1299 including return flights from London and 1nts hotel.

jj........

I don't know about other sailings but I can tell you there are exactly 13 staterooms available on royalcaribbean.com for my February sailing. If there are in fact 2700 total staterooms on board and none are being held by other agencies, that would be a 99.5% occupancy. That sounds pretty full to me.

Just wondering how you can tell how many cabins are available for a certain sailing. We are on June 19, 2010. Just wondering how I can find out how many are available still on that sailing.:D

Times are toguh the economy is not doing well.

so vacation is not on the top of everyones list.

they are not kidding us at all.

they have alot of cabins to fill every week and they have anotehr one beong built the sister ship

i will sail next OCt 2010 when the rates are better.

i do not have to be the first to say iwas there.

let them work at the kinks there always are some.

in the menatime i will crusie on 12-12-09 on celebrity

times are tough they are the ceos they like to give alot of BS

There are still cabins available for the maiden four-day cruise sailing on December 1.

Whether it's because of the state of the economy, or simply how about a balcony cabin for £499 (flights extra).

Another pitch from a Major TA in the UK

JJ........

There are still cabins available for the maiden four-day cruise sailing on December 1.

Whether it's because of the state of the economy, or simply how about a balcony cabin for £499 (flights extra).

Another pitch from a Major TA in the UK

JJ........

Any news if there is a way to get on one of the 3 day cruises before the 1st?

So they won't be sailing with a full ship !!

Sounds a bit like BA with Terminal 5 and they're expecting problems !!

Why doesn't he admit the ship isn't selling and be done with it.

jj.......

I am wondering why (if they indeed hold inventory back) it shows all those cabins available when you try to purchase a cabin.

If they were indeed holding them back, would it not show all sold out now?

I am wondering why (if they indeed hold inventory back) it shows all those cabins available when you try to purchase a cabin.

If they were indeed holding them back, would it not show all sold out now?

Good point - maybe the boss could tell us ?

jj.....

My RCL stocks up 6% today. So I am ok with the Oasis sailing half full. :)

One interesting quote I saw was:

Driscoll says there is plenty of space available on Oasis well into the first quarter of 2010. But he notes that there is space available on every large ship for the first quarter, so he doesn't see that as unusual.

"The most expensive cabins (on Oasis) are selling the fastest," he says. "The less expensive cabins are moving slower, but there's still time to fill those and, given the close-in booking window that has defined the cruise industry of late, that may well occur."

So, those that can afford a suite are pre-booking and the rest of the public are waiting to see if prices fall.

I work in the Hotel Industry and have to say that this is very common in our industry. Most hotels do a soft openning. This way they can work everything out and make sure there are no issues. I can see them doing this with a Cruise ship this size.

Archived