Bar food available on AOS?

The bars on cruise ships don't offer food. At certain times you may get a bowl of nuts in certain bars, but it's not like sitting in a pub at home.

If you would like a bite to eat with your food, you can always order a drink in the eating establishments. :) Or you can always order a drink in the bar then go up to the buffet and get some nachos, or whatever.

Many of the bars are close to the Promenade Cafe, so it is easy to grab a plate of pizza, sandwiches, desserts, etc. and take it with you (I think the pub is directly across the "street").

If you are on the upper decks, you will be close to the Windjammer buffet, which has fries, cheese and fruit, fixings for nachos (only in the afternoon) and lots of other stuff to help soak up those adult beverages ;)

Not sure about the Adventure, but on several ships we have been on, the champagne bar had hot hors d'oeuvres from about 5 pm until late seating.

We used to stop at the buffet on the way down to our room after visiting the pool and get a small plate of snacks to eat with a drink before dinner (not that we needed the extra food).

Enjoy!

I've called and gotten room service at the solarium before...bar wouldn't be much different. But I'd tip well.

I tried that this summer when the vision had windjammer closed for the cruise t´due to renevations but they would not... was this awhile ago that you did it or recently??

I've called and gotten room service at the solarium before...bar wouldn't be much different. But I'd tip well.

True, it has been several years ago. I must need to cruise more so my advice can be more timely. I've also never been on a newer ship, but we're going on Voyager in Jan., so I'll finally find out about this Promenade phenomenon. I'll have to go with the suggestion to find it somewhere and take it with you.

Archived