Darkwood or Valley Church Beach???

teacherman

We will be on Antigua in January for a cruise stop and are going to do one of these beaches, which I understand or close to each other. Have any of you been to BOTH of them? Any recommendations?? We are looking for a quiet beach with a place for food and beverages and chair/umbrella rentals, and reasonable transportation costs. (Isn't everyone!) Any advice/recommendations/info is welcome. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been to Darkwood but just returned from a Princess cruise with a stop in Antigua.

Valley Church Beach was the nicest beach I have ever been too. Powdery sand, warm calm water.

There is a bar and changing facilities as well as rental chairs. A bit of interruption from vendors but we didn't mind. For some reason - not that I cared - it wasn't crowded. You will need to have at least 4 people to keep the cab fare reasonable. Our driver agreed to meet us at a certain time and didn't take money from us until we were back at the ship.

I can't wait to go back.

You can find some pictures by going to

and then go to the Caribbean Princess pictures and scroll through to the Antigua pics.

Archived