Is it the itinerary?

I've noticed several posters mention from time to time about the endless announcements on the PA system, belly flop contests, etc. Is this type of thing mostly on the Caribbean itineraries? We have been on 3 RCL cruises and never experienced any of this, but then we weren't cruising the Caribbean. The only announcements we ever heard were for the muster drill and when plans to clear immigration had changed. I'm just curious.

We remember a lot of PA announcements, but don't recall any that were announcing on-board events. Most of the announcements (besides the safety-related ones) were about arriving at port, or about the weather (it rained pretty badly one day). We also noted that we couldn't really hear the PA announcements in our cabin. Typically we'd wonder who was talking outside our cabin, and then thought to perhaps open the door to see if it was a PA annoucement -- very easy to ignore (for good or ill).

Glad to hear that. It seems to me that on all RCCL, (but not Celebrity), Princess, etc., that there are many announcements such as "Bingo in half an hour", "Bingo in 15 minutes", etc. And so many times they read the activities that are coming up in the afternoon. I guess they figure we can't read the program for ourselves. Nancy

I haven't noticed too many excess announcements on RCCL. On other lines they seem neverending. Besides the necessary, informative news, the others are really just to increase participation in activities and boost revenue for things like bingo. ;)

Nancyquilts,

That's exactly what I'm talking about. We've never heard any of these kind of announcements on our RCL cruises, or on the one Princess cruise we took. That's why I'm wondering if it is exclusive to the Caribbean sailings, since we've never done one of those.

Archived